No announcement yet.

Second crack at species

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another well done Bassboyo, everyone is playing catch up. Like wrecking ball posted " could be looking at a 2nd place". However time will tell, still along time left for playing "catch up".The main thing is to have fun and enjoy. I have a lot to learn, and will keep trying. Like you posted its a bit like grown up tiddler bashing.

Comment

Originally posted by Darnc View Post
      Yeah I've asked twice not asking for his marks just area of the uk
      It doesn't really matter where I fish, all these species can be found anywhere in the UK including sheilds, roker , Tynemouth , Blyth at this time year. It's far to easy for someone to tell you where to catch what, if you love fishing like I do then use the information in my couple of reports ie set up lure choice (there all there in the photos) if there is something your not sure on just drop me a pm , ill do my best to answer it. do your homework on the ground , put lots and lots of time in and you will reap the rewards. Am not interested in where people are from but am interested in what people catch along with there set up used, I can then take that info maybe tweak a few things and try it out on my marks to see if It works for me and if its successful. It is also pointless to say "you don't catch them round here" have you tried ? Using the right method ? At the right time ? Take dogfish for example never heard of them being caught in the NE but there showing now , have they always been there just people are stuck in there ways with big rods ,heavy line ,big baits ? Or is it the modern trend that people are fishing lighter?? It's all debatable , fact is get out there and fish! Make it fun. Go get a 1lb granny fish (short spined sea scorpion) on 0.5-7g rod an come back and tell me it's not fun. Oh and by the way they don't sting!! I was told they did when I was a child. I know you can't eat them but there beautiful creatures that photo really well
      Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357389667.183067.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	1521584
      Am starting waffle now , am going fishing !!!# get playing catchup

Comment

We lyk your info and wer just being frendly lyk every one are on ya and oney asking a simple frendly Q ov place your based i.e Newcastle sundland mbura ect
        Cod can only juge me if am a haddock https://www.facebook.com/groups/141034916010629/

Comment

Originally posted by Bassboyo View Post
          It doesn't really matter where I fish, all these species can be found anywhere in the UK including sheilds, roker , Tynemouth , Blyth at this time year. It's far to easy for someone to tell you where to catch what, if you love fishing like I do then use the information in my couple of reports ie set up lure choice (there all there in the photos) if there is something your not sure on just drop me a pm , ill do my best to answer it. do your homework on the ground , put lots and lots of time in and you will reap the rewards. Am not interested in where people are from but am interested in what people catch along with there set up used, I can then take that info maybe tweak a few things and try it out on my marks to see if It works for me and if its successful. It is also pointless to say "you don't catch them round here" have you tried ? Using the right method ? At the right time ? Take dogfish for example never heard of them being caught in the NE but there showing now , have they always been there just people are stuck in there ways with big rods ,heavy line ,big baits ? Or is it the modern trend that people are fishing lighter?? It's all debatable , fact is get out there and fish! Make it fun. Go get a 1lb granny fish (short spined sea scorpion) on 0.5-7g rod an come back and tell me it's not fun. Oh and by the way they don't sting!! I was told they did when I was a child. I know you can't eat them but there beautiful creatures that photo really well
          [ATTACH]6085[/ATTACH]
          Am starting waffle now , am going fishing !!!# get playing catchup
          So why such a big secret no one is asking for your marks just area out of interest may be your fishmonger by day photographer at night
          Last edited by Guest; 05-01-2013, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darnc View Post
            So why such a big secret no asking for your marks just area out of interest may be your fishmonger by day photographer at night
            ;D
            Cod can only juge me if am a haddock https://www.facebook.com/groups/141034916010629/

Comment

Caught a coalie. Codling. Whiting and flounder last night but didn't have the new species card for 2013 so doesn't found would of been a nice start mike ( Thunderpants) is printing one off for me as computer down a very nice fella cheers mate
              KOMPRESSOR SPORT
              PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
              PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
              OKUMA TRIO 55
              YUKI RUBYMAR
              RON THOMPSON TYRON
              SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

Originally posted by Bassboyo View Post
                . Oh and by the way they don't sting!! I was told they did when I was a child. I know you can't eat them but there beautiful creatures that photo really well
                Quite right they don't sting, another interesting little fact about these fish is that they often vibrate when you hold them. If anyone catches one of these its worth getting a picture of the underside of the fish, it makes it easier to determine if its a long or short spined.
                Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
                http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
                http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Originally posted by toonboymc View Post
                  Caught a coalie. Codling. Whiting and flounder last night but didn't have the new species card for 2013 so doesn't found would of been a nice start mike ( Thunderpants) is printing one off for me as computer down a very nice fella cheers mate
                  Nice one toonboymc , you know where the fish are for when you get your card

Comment

Nice one, were these on the mighty Isomes ? shame about the card. If anyone coming to the meet next Sunday I've got a load of business card size ones printed off and in the car along with some plastic wallets to put them in
                    Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
                    http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
                    http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Well done mate! I went out venturing last night and not a sniff for me, lost 6-7 jig heads in the process, all part of the learning curve! remember your card next time!
                      Regards
                      Si

www.facebook.com/simon.todd.12

http://www.nesa.co.uk/forums/lure-fishing/

Comment

Cheers boys and might attend the meeting next Sunday very interested in the little isomes and that way of fishing
                        KOMPRESSOR SPORT
                        PENN 525 MAG SLIDEY
                        PENN 525 MAG KNOBBY
                        OKUMA TRIO 55
                        YUKI RUBYMAR
                        RON THOMPSON TYRON
                        SPECIES HUNT 2015 = CODLING, TURBOT, FLOUNDER, DAB, SS SEA SCORPION

Comment

Well done toonboymc, at least someone is catching, apart from bassboyo.

Comment

Nice few species there, Soem good piotners for those new to the game as well.

Shame I didn't sort out any species cards when I was in the NE last week. we had several from marks around Blyth, and Weir, see some of my posts on here.

Comment

Working...
                            X