No announcement yet.

mackeral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a good summer boost to tackle shops and off licences !

Comment

I had 13 lastnight in 30 minutes on seaham pier with daylights, started to fish with a 2 0 hook and 3 orange beads on 2 yards of line just out of boredom,too easy catching the poor things ,i think the floats will be used the morn , in a different approach to catching a few ...

Comment

just had a few on the kayak, theres a lot of nice sized mackerel this year,

Comment

Originally posted by Orange Shad View Post
          Hi Guys
          Not sure if you are aware that once we touch the skin of a Mackerel with bare hands, you might as well kill it anyway, it dies a horrible death otherwise, if returned.
          Fish for what you need then stop, or take great care in releasing them.
          You're right but one way to unhook is.
          Hold the hook and shake gently, they drop straight off without having to touch them.

Comment

I fish for them just for a bit sport and never handle them if I put them back. A pair of small nose pliers is all you need for spinners and a Gemini disgorger for when your float fishing, simple really.
            Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Comment

ive took the barbs off a couple of my spinners for when im putting them back, you don't loose many if you keep the line right

Comment

Working...
              X