Friday night - need some advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geodark View Post
    Aye, cheers fella - normally need much of a cast out or are they usually quite close in? I ordererd some feathers first thing this morning - hopefully they will do the Job - quite tempted to try a lure on my spinning rod as well to see if I have any luck with that!
    I was only fishing with my 7ft spinning rod and a 3oz weight last week so I was t casting very far. Sometimes I wasn't getting a bite till I'd reeled most of the way in. Other casts I was getting fish on as soon as I hit the water.
    All the gear, no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Nooo Fish View Post
      I was only fishing with my 7ft spinning rod and a 3oz weight last week so I was t casting very far. Sometimes I wasn't getting a bite till I'd reeled most of the way in. Other casts I was getting fish on as soon as I hit the water.
      Cheers fella, well fingers crossed Is parking ok round there by the way? Plenty of spaces near by do you know?

Comment

Cheers for the heads up matey - not worth the risk.
        in all the years fishing tyne mouth pier have never heard of any one fined for fishing Tynemouth pier ,have not seen the new ledgeslation you mention and would have had a letter from p.t.a. to confirm.cant see the police inforcing it as they are not going to leave there cars at beginning of pier to walk to the end to bother a few anglers.there has been a lot of mess recently on pier same as the other local piers may be they are fed up and going to crack down,all due to a few inconsiderate anglers.tyne mouth club has a strict set of rules for fishing pier as we don't want to lose the privledge, davy.
        PB
        COD 21-15-0 Tynemouth pier R/M match
        COD 20-4-0 Sharpness, Tynemouth open
        Ballan Wrasse 5-6-0 Seahouses summer league
        Pollock 11-5-8 ST Abbs Spinning sandeel
        Dogfish 2-15-14 Tynemouth pier match R/M
        Coaly 3-5-8 Tynemouth pier match r/m
        Cod =, Coaly, Whiten, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Gurnard, Weaver, Rockling, Pouting, Wrasse, Mackerel, Sea scorpion, all of tynemouth pier

Comment

Cheers fella, well fingers crossed Is parking ok round there by the way? Plenty of spaces near by do you know?
          There's a free car park next to the RNLI building as you drive down to the sea front mate. Always plenty of spaces at that time.
          All the gear, no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Nooo Fish View Post
            There's a free car park next to the RNLI building as you drive down to the sea front mate. Always plenty of spaces at that time.
            Fantastic matey - gets even better!

Comment

Originally posted by Geordie-UK View Post
              I wouldn't try climbing the gate anymore, Both PTA and PoS were able to change the trespass fines to whatever they wanted under byelaw changes yesterday, no news as to how much, but it used to be £20 trespass fine if caught, I shudder to think what they are putting in place.
              where were these by/laws printed as I cant find a mention of them any help would be appreciated I know that north Tyneside are preparing to put a new boat ramp in at the haven,jet ski heaven they will be bombing down the pier keep an eye out on your rods. davy.
              PB
              COD 21-15-0 Tynemouth pier R/M match
              COD 20-4-0 Sharpness, Tynemouth open
              Ballan Wrasse 5-6-0 Seahouses summer league
              Pollock 11-5-8 ST Abbs Spinning sandeel
              Dogfish 2-15-14 Tynemouth pier match R/M
              Coaly 3-5-8 Tynemouth pier match r/m
              Cod =, Coaly, Whiten, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Gurnard, Weaver, Rockling, Pouting, Wrasse, Mackerel, Sea scorpion, all of tynemouth pier

Comment

I take it I will get away with travelling light of friday? medium spinning rod, box of lures / feathers, a bag for the fish and a priest? Won't need to bring a landing net etc will I?

Comment

Working...
                X