tomorrow night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes definately better over high water.

Thanks Trevor I have been avoiding afternoons/evenings thinking it would be too busy and have been doing early mornings. May give it a go one evening next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad as a fish View Post
      I prefer it on the flood at least 2 hours before and 2 on the ebb
      Is it still worth heading over at that time then? unfortunately I can't do any earlier than that.

Just been having a look on another website and it stated that the pier is closed on a night - is this right? Anyone any idea what time it gets locked up?
      Last edited by Geodark; 11-07-2013, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderpants View Post
        Yes definately better over high water.

Thanks Trevor I have been avoiding afternoons/evenings thinking it would be too busy and have been doing early mornings. May give it a go one evening next week.
        No worries Mike,
        I think it was quiet because it got cloudy and coldish may be different on a nice warm sunny evening.
        In order to become "old & wise", you must first be young & stupid.
        Age and experience will beat youth and enthusiasm every time.
        Youth and Skill is no match for Age and Treachery.

This link is good for tide and weather and more http://magicseaweed.com/Tynemouth-Lo...rt/26/tide/uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Geodark View Post
          Is it still worth heading over at that time then? unfortunately I can't do any earlier than that.

Just been having a look on another website and it stated that the pier is closed on a night - is this right? Anyone any idea what time it gets locked up?
          Yes its closed but its very easy to get around it every one else dose, there may still fish about at that time as the tides are not big I think

This link is good for tide and weather and more http://magicseaweed.com/Tynemouth-Lo...rt/26/tide/uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Mad as a fish View Post
            Yes its closed but its very easy to get around it every one else dose, there may still fish about at that time as the tides are not big I think
            Cool, so it is obvious how to get round the gates then? Not too much of a risk is it? Don't fancy ending up in the water!

Comment

Originally posted by Geodark View Post
              Cool, so it is obvious how to get round the gates then? Not too much of a risk is it? Don't fancy ending up in the water!
              You can go round either side I get round the right side as you are face the gate I find the left can be slippy, if you are fit it will help but you dont need to be superman I mean I am 62 years young and I can do it just take care and dont rush it.

Comment

Yep as you're facing the gate go through the whole in the wall on right side and go along and up over the wall, its much safer that side mate. The left side is above the sea on harbour side.

Comment

Cheers people - just watch the news tomorrow night to see if I made it or not

on another note... is anyone else out tomorrow night?

Comment

Originally posted by Geordie-UK View Post
                    There have been very few mackerel caught at roker, shields has had more, plus its cleaner, the chav brigade have really gone to town this year on roker pier, I hate to say this, but if what the surveyor said is true, Roker pier will be shut 29th July for 14 weeks, and I'll be glad of it, although the council still hasn't had the go ahead and funding yet, but if it does, it will put an end to the march of the chav brigade.
                    Why? Theyll just jump on the E1 straight to shields

Theyre f*cking mongs mate, I cant stand mackie season and cant wait for them to shut the pier

Comment

Originally posted by safc View Post
                      Why? Theyll just jump on the E1 straight to shields

Theyre f*cking mongs mate, I cant stand mackie season and cant wait for them to shut the pier
                      Yea they did that last year but I have got to say dont tar them all with the same brush, I met some canny lads from Sunderland on the shields pier that year.

Comment

Anyone else out on either Roker or shields pier tonight? Never been to either so might have an hour or so at them both.

Comment

Working...
                        X