Swimfeeders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swimfeeders

I think it was on the old site that there was a topic about the use of swimfeeders for flounders.

Does anyone use them and if so what type and where? I\'ve got an idea they might work in a couple of spots through the summer when it usually goes quiet.

At the Go Fishing exhibition Alan Yates was talking about using them. Is flattie rig was a 3 hook scratcher with a swimfeeder attached to the end of the line a a watch lead tied directly below that. The feeder was a cage feeder with the foam tied inside it. this could then be dipped in fish oil. Said it would only cast about 60 yards, but for flatties you don\'t often need that.

Comment

ive used one boat fishing with fish oil, ultrabite and gelatine mix in it. Mixed stiff enough that the water would wash it out over time. The feeder is a block end one and is attached to the swivel which your lead is on. Did not put the fish off but did not see a remarkable increase in catches.
      give a man a fish and feed him for a day - teach the man to fish and feed him for life!!!!

Comment

Peter,

I\'ve had good catches with them over the last three years.

Use a 2 or 3 hook flapper and between the bottom rig swivel and sinker clip (about 3\") thread on a caged feeder before tying the sinker clip. Clip on your weight and distance is not a problem. My cocktail to fill it up with is a blended mixture of mackerel, trout pellets and bread (you\'ll have to do it when your lass is out). I do a big batch and freeze it down.

Once you start fishing try and cast to the same spot as after a while it really draws the fish in and crabs.

Comment

Cheers, will give it a try. Where I would be using it would be in estuaries where distance wouldn\'t be a problem but more to catch when it goes slow.

Comment

Working...
          X