Rod opinions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALLRIGHT MATE,
    i have two NEMISIS one 13ft and one 14ft both excellent allround rods,really good for distance and heavy ground well worth the money.
    Regards
    HILLBILLY

Comment

IMHO
      Best rod from your selection is without a doubt the 14ft mk1 appollo. Many top anglers are going back to using these!

Very versatile rod that will do everything reasonably well. A pleasure to use and very sensitive in the hands, very important if you want to feel a bite!

The zzipy is a pedigree rod but its a light beach rod and not a great allrounder.

As for rods snapping - they all do if you abuse them or cast with a tight arc or twist the blank when casting.

Comment

Originally posted by red rock View Post
        no they are not mate the mark two apollo are crap but the mark one is the mutts nuts. as for rings cracking not if they are proper fuji ones,had my mark one for years now and it has hit the deck more times than i can remember and its still the original rings, the mark one apollo or the nemis plus wallsendo with the apollo being the best
        Your right mate, MK 1's are the mutts nutts... a little bit more attention to detail and we discover they also have different type Fuji rings. Much stronger than the newest ones. They were also built in the Alnwick factory before the MK 2 was launched and consequently produced in China. Sorry mate... but I still stick to my guns with this one, quite a few tackle dealers are fed up with complaints with the new one's and now refuse to stock them.
        Marc

Comment

like one man said earlier ,its not the best priced rod a man will catch with ,its with hes bare hands and the skill and on the day that man should be worthy of his catch
          Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Totally agree with red rock, it's horses for courses and rods are specially designed for specific venues.

Comment

Well sorry to go against popular belief but I love my Mk2 Apollo ,casts great and not had a problem with bite detection either ,it's been over a few times so it's scratched but not broken and in my oppinion a canny rock rod , however I did snap my Triplex as I'm sure some of you may remember ,a very soft rod and at 16ft quite a tool in the right hands ,great for a clean beach.
              You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Originally posted by codseeker View Post
                like one man said earlier ,its not the best priced rod a man will catch with ,its with hes bare hands and the skill and on the day that man should be worthy of his catch
                Wax on, Wax Off Codseeker'san
                Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                I AGREE

Comment

Went with the Nemesis Plus (13ft)...the Appollo was quite tatty. Also got an Okuma Magnetix...so I'll be practising with it all on friday night

Cheers for all input
                  Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                  I AGREE

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Wallsendo View Post
                    Went with the Nemesis Plus (13ft)...the Appollo was quite tatty. Also got an Okuma Magnetix...so I'll be practising with it all on friday night

Cheers for all input
                    set your brakes to max mate till you get used to it, make yourself some thumb protectors aswell. bit of intertube or a finger from a rubber glove!!
                    Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
                    http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
                    http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

what about ron thompson axccellerater i like them i tried my mates and im buying one in a fortnights time
                      CHEERS BASSWRASSE 2 www.Anglingtalknortheast.forumup.com

Comment

Great rod mate. I've got 2. They are a bit stiff like but great for rock fishing. A very good workhorse of a rod imo. I also use it for fishing piers and beaches, however if you are going to fish the beaches loads a rod with a softer tip will get you a few extra yrds.
                        Best shore caught fish:- Pollock 6lb+ Beadnell, 9lb 8oz Cod Blyth Beach

Comment

Originally posted by The Great Wallsendo View Post
                          why are the Greys rods so prone to snapping? I've read and heard various people saying the same things......
                          because there made in china for coppers cheap rubbish with decent rod price tag
                          Goal for 2012 a 30lber
                          http://www.bullrushlake.com/

Comment

I've also got 2 greys rods, a syntra beach rod which i love, get a good cast and i'm not the best caster in the world. I use 6 or 7 oz weights and big baits and it seems ok. I also have a spinning rod that pulled a 6lb+ pollock up over some big rocks on probs.
                            Best shore caught fish:- Pollock 6lb+ Beadnell, 9lb 8oz Cod Blyth Beach

Comment

reelsport response,best all round rod money can buy imho

Comment

i wouldnt have confidence winding one up with just a lead on as codonly says you cant go past the responce for all round compatability
                                Goal for 2012 a 30lber
                                http://www.bullrushlake.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X