Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Cod yet on the Yorkshire Coast beaches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way- the lad was baiting up his first worm and gave it a squeeze just at the right time to end up with a mouthfull of juices.

Shoulda seen the look on his face.

Classic

Comment

plenty of codling caught in the saltburn comp at the weekend ,best fish just under 9lbs ,winner had 9 codling ,cant remember total weight think it was 21lbs or 26lbs .just hope it keeps it up this year ,also hope this wind carrys on through

Comment

good to see you back on the board again ollie
        hope theres some about on thursday when i can get there
        off to sandsend runswick area if anyone is up for it
        The beautifull South

Comment

thanks sean ,see ya there mate,give me a hollar where, and a rough time.if this winds keeps right ,it should be a good night

Comment

will phone you tomorro night to see where will be best and meet at the coast
            :P
            The beautifull South

Comment

Ok sean ,good n/westerley at the moment ,just been down for a look ,some class rollers coming in .hope they bring some barrels with fins on in !!!! :P

Comment

you can have the coke cans with fins on and i will have the 45 gal oil drums with fins on lol lol lol
                send me a pic tomorro so that i can see where me leads gonna hit lol lol
                The beautifull South

Comment

Result of Saltburn match

Sunday 5 OCTOBER 2003 5pm – 9pm Redcar – Whitby

21 fished and 13 weighed in 34 cod, 2 rockling, 2 Coalfish

1st Paul Medd 7 cod 24lb 10ozs (Runswick)
                  2nd Steve Coverdale 9 cod 20lb 5.5ozs
                  3rd Martin Jackson 3 cod 11b 8ozs

HSF: Martin Jackson cod 8lb 9ozs

Alan

Comment

managed to pull a out a couple of codling (biggest 2lb) in between all the weed from Runswick on Monday ..... both returned alive to tell their BIG BRUVA\'s to seek revenge when I return either tonight or tomorrow night LOL !!

Comment

AL where at runswick did you fish ?there was loads of people round to the left of the cliffs ,i went right along to the right ,past the yacht club and yeah tons of chuffin weed ,nice fish landed last night by a local lad just over 8lbs
                      sean sent pics of sea state today at saltburn ,if anybody needs pics of sea state i can send em to ya,helps a bit if your inland and cant get a look before you go

[Edited on 8/10/2003 by ollie]

Comment

Ollie, those gullies round to the left of the cliffs at Runswick look very tempting. Reckon I will have to give them a go this year in my effort to get a double figure cod (saying that I wouldn\'t grumble at any cod over 3lb!). At least theres an easy escape route if you go far enough to the left. Makes an all night session possible there. You\'ve also got an email.

Comment

Ollie

Round to the left of the Lifeboat Station is a pretty good mark , takes some time to get across those bolders but you end up fishing into pretty deep gullies and I know of several good fish to come out of there .... think they call it the Cobble Dump .

Fished to left , from the boulders into the gulley for the lifeboat to get those tiddlers the other night .

Gonna be down there tonight from about 4.30pm if anyone is planning a session down there (likely to be past the yatch club) ....... will report on it 2morrow
                          Just called the Saltburn Surf Line (updated at 8am) and it states the sea at 3-5ft of Local N-NW swell .

Comment

Al, wish i\'d gone to runswick with ya ,me and sean had a wasted journey ,wind changed to a fierce westerly,knocking the sea flat,ended up with one small whitey ,ah well its early inthe season eh .
                            where abouts are you Al ? i\'m in marske
                            oh and we watched some poor fella on his first cast snap his rod .there was no -one on the cliffs at sandsend ,probably cos of the wind ,just hoped it was better at runswick for you mate

Comment

Ollie , you were better off where you were ..... I blanked .

Started off round past the yatch club but with it being flat calm the weed was just sitting in the water so trekked all the way back to the Lifeboat Station ... never had a sniff of a bite from fish or crabs !!!!

I\'m on the outskirts of M\'boro

As you say , still early doors ..... I\'m on me hols next week so planning a good few sessions , things are looking pretty good with E - SE\'s forecast from Sunday throughout the week .

Comment

Al, glad it just wasn\'t me and sean that had a bad un ,yeah i know what you mean by the weed sitting there had the same prob there the other week.
                                like you say winds could do the bizz for next week ,gonna give it a good go myself if these westerlys change and we get some good rollin sea again.
                                had a good time last year in the big gulley round to the left of the cliff,but i recon there were nigh on 40 blokes there the other night ,getting as bad as saltburn pier lol

Comment

Working...
                                X