REPSONAL MESSAGING - CAN U HELP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REPSONAL MESSAGING - CAN U HELP?

I\'ve already posted this in \"CHAT\", but as this is the most frequently visited forum, I thought it would be wise to put it in here, aswell......

Right then you lot…….I NEED HELP ! (mind, that’ll come as no surprise to you, I’m sure). But NO, it’s not THAT kind of help I need (well, not just now, anyway)…lol

With the exception of several new members joining since we moved over to this new Board, I know most of us had become fairly reliant upon the messenger feature of the previous Boards. They are dead handy for when you spot that somebody’s logged in and you need to contact them straight away (often quicker than e-mail and far more convenient when you’re on the Board).

I’ve asked Elton about providing a PM system on this, the new NESA Board, but this is where the problem comes in.

It appears we have 2 options;

I can already hear the groans of “oh no not again”, about the 1st option, but theses are the choices;

1. We go for a superior board which may
    mean starting the board from scratch. I don\'t know.

2. Everyone scours the \'net for a messaging system that works
    with postnuke (there are bound to be a few).

Considering the amount of time and effort it has taken to get this site up and running, it would be a sickener to end up having to do it all again.

So then, this is where I’m asking for YOUR help.

Personally, I wouldn’t have a clue as to where to start looking on the net for a compatible messaging system (other than searching on “messaging system postnuke compatibility”, or something along those lines).

Can ANYBODY help to track down such a messaging system?

Thanks in advance and your efforts will be greatly appreciated.

Hi TC

Try these, hope it helps>

http://www.postnuke.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Navigation&file=index

http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_and_Programs/Portal_Systems/
    Rock Anglers Rule!
    http://ubb.kerrang.emap.centrecore.c...lins/horns.gif

Comment

Thanks Harold,

I\'ll take a look at them.

Lol....When I was putting together my opening post in this thread, I was trying to think of those already on the Board who would possibly be able to come up with some sites to check out.

I came up with a list of 4 or 5 - guess who was top of the list....lol

Comment

I don\'t want to speak out of turn Tony but I think JB will know better than anyone where to find a suitable script for this or any other board. It is his job after all, LOL.
        Try ringing him at home, I\'m sure he\'ll fit one in here but he\'s been away on holiday so maybe hasn\'t had time ?
        It\'s no good looking for boards, it\'s the bolt on program you want (I think) ?

ps:dont take it PERSONAL but wots repsonal messaging ha ha!

[Edited on 1/10/2003 by Andy]
        I treat others as I expect to be treated myself and expect to be treated the same way!

Comment

:P Q. \"wots repsonal messaging? \"
          A. A SPELLING MISTAKE !! lol

Sheesh.....abynody can make a mitsake

I\'ve just e-mailed ya, m8

[Edited on 2/10/2003 by TC]

Comment

TC, I\'ve left you a sh*t load of links in the Chat area, Freeloader.com seem to have a canny selection.

Comment

Aparintley peeple that ar f***ing ecselent in bed are carp spelerz

Comment

Aoccdrnig to a rschearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn\'t mttaer in
                waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is
                taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae.
                The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit
                porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by it slef but the wrod
                as a wlohe.
                ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
                Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Reading your post Mark I think you\'re right!

The trouble started when our lass read this joke on her 13 year old daughters phone. then you start to read EVERYTHING clearly.

Glad the last one was a boy, I\'m sure I was less trouble !!!!!

[Edited on 2/10/2003 by peter.m]

Comment

Working...
                  X