how do you do it all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do you do it all?

im just started switching from corse fishing to seas fishing and have got a 10ft 4-6oz pier/rock rod(dead stiff-is that good)and a 15 ft telescopic rod (also ment to be 4-6 oz but comparing both the tips it cant be a wouldnt really trust it with anything much more than 3 oz)for beach fishing.are these really suitable and what type of rigs and baits should i be trying for any fish i can catch.have been to saltburn pier a few times and have caught flatties and crabs over a high tide but a bit of rock fishing really appeals to me so are there any good marks near here(i live in middlesbrough).any help would be greatly appreciated.thanks alot.Ralph.
    tap tap STRIKE-snag

The advise I\'d give you is to buy a guide to sea angling, identify what you are wanting to do i.e. pier fishing, beach fishing, rock fishing and then ask questions about specific things. I have two books that cover every sort of fishing and were great sources of information when I first started beach fishing about four years ago.

They are:

The Compete Guide to Fishing (£4.99) from a cheap bookshop.

The Concise Encyclopedia of Fishing (about £6.00) from Big W which is the large Woolworths stores. This is written by Gareth Purnell, Alan Yates and Chris Dawn, so there is some good info in it.

I know that we often criticise it, but it\'s worth getting hold of a copy of Sea Angler to have a look at all the tackle that\'s currently available (plenty of ad\'s).

Your question I\'m guessing is just a bit too vague which is probably why there haven\'t been any other responses. Narrow the questions down a bit and you\'ll get plenty of help on this forum.

Comment

there\'s plenty websites out there, with info, but For my money keep your eye on here. If you can hook up with anyone out fishing for a few hours, even if its just off the pier, you\'ll get more from it than any amount of books. I came back to fishing just 2 or 3 years ago and was amazed how much stuff had changed since I was a lad, so don\'t be afraid to ask, shy bairns get nowt!
      ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
      Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

right-what about the beach fishing.is the telescopic rod any good and what rigs and baits should i use?
        tap tap STRIKE-snag

Comment

ralph the telescopic should be alright for clean beaches fishing for whiting and flatties use two hook flappers for rigs, baits you could try include rag &lug try tipping them off with squid or mackeral

Comment

Hi ralph ,keep your rigs nice and simple ,dont get sucked in by all these weird and wonderfull gizmos that the shops have to offer .i would suggest to travel to sandsend ,or runswick beach ,meet a few locals and you will gain the best knowledge for the area ,also the same applies to rods and reels etc .give me a hollar sometime and i may be able to help you out

Comment

it sounds like i was about right, apart from the baits although 4 quid for a few worms is a bit shocking.i think ill stick to mussels and fish baits.any ideas on rock fishing with a 10ft rod?
              tap tap STRIKE-snag

Comment

Working...
              X