• Show
Clear All

Century ccc ld

Comment

Originally posted by smig View Post
      Century ccc ld
      Yes a very Underated Rod pleased I got another one

Comment

How about a fireblade sport Gary. Think they are 13'. One for swap on here as well. I use mine on tynemouth pier as its a good "fit", avoids the back wall!

Tides & Sea State For North Shields
        http://www.mumm.ac.be/EN/Models/Oper...n=northshields

Comment

Gary could you not adapt your casting style and allow for reel up the butt? So that way you are kinda using a shorter rod??

Comment

Originally posted by spongebob View Post
            Gary could you not adapt your casting style and allow for reel up the butt? So that way you are kinda using a shorter rod??
            you use the full length of the rod when the reel is up, its when the reel is in the low position that you shorten the length of the rod, unless of course its right at the bottom and you need a reducer...

Comment

Originally posted by D.D. View Post
              you use the full length of the rod when the reel is up, its when the reel is in the low position that you shorten the length of the rod, unless of course its right at the bottom and you need a reducer...
              What I mean d.d. Is if he moves the reel up the butt he can in essence cast nigh on the same as before,but there will be 1-2 ft shorter Rod in front of him? Lol

Comment

Thanks for the replies so far - given me a few to think about and I think I'm getting down to three or four now that I'd like to check out. With regard to casting, I do fish reel up, but can't get away with any rod sticking out below my left hand - I've had to do that on occasion when trying a mates rod or worse trying to cast low reel (which, due to an old wrist injury I find very painful & difficult to grip the spool) - I just keep whacking it into my chest or having to sort of pull it to my side and twist over it....just can't get away with it!

Gary
                ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
                on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

Have a look at the reelsport pro am ,believe they built on tip tornado blank by Terry,I have one ,very nice rods and fits your requirements I think.
                  white van man

Comment

Originally posted by Rod View Post
                    Have a look at the reelsport pro am ,believe they built on tip tornado blank by Terry,I have one ,very nice rods and fits your requirements I think.
                    Thanks - I've only ever come across a couple of Reelsport rods before (Response & Mighty Thin) and never actually used one but know they're built on Century blanks and have a good reputation - might give me an excuse to have a drive south of the river to Terry's shop and see just what's available in the range.

Gary
                    ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
                    on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

Working...
                    X