Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Another Mussel bed bites the dust

Hi
    thought I would have a look down Blyth in front of the factories, I go twice a year to get a bucket full that used to take about 30mins the two trips results in about 30 bags. Went down today and couldn't believe it bare patches and empty shells scratched about for an hour and a half for half a bucket full. But when you see people carrying five & six big buckets full day after day no wonder its come to an end, and if you think I am talking bull**it go down and see for yourself.

john.
    One More Hoy

Greed.

Originally posted by Fishygone View Post
    Hi
    thought I would have a look down Blyth in front of the factories, I go twice a year to get a bucket full that used to take about 30mins the two trips results in about 30 bags. Went down today and couldn't believe it bare patches and empty shells scratched about for an hour and a half for half a bucket full. But when you see people carrying five & six big buckets full day after day no wonder its come to an end, and if you think I am talking bull**it go down and see for yourself.

john.
    .comes to mind.just like most of our localworm beds.good things dont last forever.pity..

Comment

Originally posted by regpude View Post
      .comes to mind.just like most of our localworm beds.good things dont last forever.pity..
      Mackem's took care of the worm beds during the miners strike turning up by the mini-bus full

Comment

Originally posted by bandit View Post
        Mackem's took care of the worm beds during the miners strike turning up by the mini-bus full
        .i they did,so did all of us.{not me though}.just dig for myself as always.times were hard then,good luuck to them.LIVE@LEARN yough man.

Comment

Aye and the lads north of the Tyne have wiped Blyth out, and speaking of worm beds there will be more skunks in Edinburgh than jocks tonight and tomorrow 😄

Comment

be more at sjp tomorrow also lol
            have you got a cloth

Comment

That was 30 years ago mate.
              All the worm beds get hammered every year by professional and amateur diggers.
              Where do you think the shops get there worm from??.
              Imagine if "every" angler went and dug there own bait, the beds wouldn,t last a week.......

Comment

Originally posted by Bushwhacker View Post
                That was 30 years ago mate.
                All the worm beds get hammered every year by professional and amateur diggers.
                Where do you think the shops get there worm from??.
                Imagine if "every" angler went and dug there own bait, the beds wouldn,t last a week.......
                30 years ago half the diggers weren't even anglers, and most anglers back then did dig their own bait myself included

Comment

Originally posted by Fishygone View Post
                  Hi

john.
                  Sad, but to be expected...its just the human race
                  Best shore catch 2016 - 7.5lb cod, Seaton Carew!
                  CS RNLI representative – www.rnli.org

Comment

what is now happening in the Blyth was caused a good few year ago when Natural England and the Port auority allowed a Norfol kmussel farmer to come in and dregeg all the mussels out of the river bed, hence now the ones anglers pick are not being replaced by a natural stock on the river bed.
                    Alan

Comment

Working...
                    X