No announcement yet.

knife carrying law

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think there will be any issues if your sensible how and where the knife is kept.If it's sheathed and in the bottom of your bag or box out of sight along with other fishing items i would say there will be no problem on the other hand if your knife is hanging off your belt in full view i think even if your carring rods and reels your in for a bit of trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by skiny View Post
      last word FACT ,fact was you didnt have resonable reson to have a knife at daft oclock in a taxi.your own fault then.
      Hi Skinny cheers for your comment but can i first point how the the hell was i supposed to get it back to my job and secondly the point of which your probably not a custom too is working a boat and sailing early hours in the morning is common practise where i come from diffrent if i was away anglerling for a couple hours leaving between 7-9 am in the morning point agreed.
      But like i say early hours in morn and is correct wot you say daft oclock try to explain that to those stupid pen pushers in politics.

Im just trying to clarify wot your saying ??? tell me would it had been better walking around the streets on passage to my boat carrying a filleting knife coverd of course and then getting pulled by the old bill ??? am i missing the point here

Comment

if your knife was covoured as you say it was how come you were pulled had the taxi driver seen it and reported it at that early hour ,something fishy here
        PB
        COD 21-15-0 Tynemouth pier R/M match
        COD 20-4-0 Sharpness, Tynemouth open
        Ballan Wrasse 5-6-0 Seahouses summer league
        Pollock 11-5-8 ST Abbs Spinning sandeel
        Dogfish 2-15-14 Tynemouth pier match R/M
        Coaly 3-5-8 Tynemouth pier match r/m
        Cod =, Coaly, Whiten, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Gurnard, Weaver, Rockling, Pouting, Wrasse, Mackerel, Sea scorpion, all of tynemouth pier

Comment

Point is mate if you got out of my taxi with a bladed weapon that you had covered up in the car, I would report you to police aswell. If the taxi driver had not reported you, he would of been failing in his public duty it's as simple as that boat yard/docks etc or not.

You should of had it in a sheath and carry it in a bag, or better still used knifes at home and left the boat knife on the boat.
          Last edited by Pete from shields; 28-06-2011, 12:00 PM.

Comment

well said good job we don,t live in london
            PB
            COD 21-15-0 Tynemouth pier R/M match
            COD 20-4-0 Sharpness, Tynemouth open
            Ballan Wrasse 5-6-0 Seahouses summer league
            Pollock 11-5-8 ST Abbs Spinning sandeel
            Dogfish 2-15-14 Tynemouth pier match R/M
            Coaly 3-5-8 Tynemouth pier match r/m
            Cod =, Coaly, Whiten, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Gurnard, Weaver, Rockling, Pouting, Wrasse, Mackerel, Sea scorpion, all of tynemouth pier

Comment

you know what common sence is't that common.

Comment

Going off topic a bit but along the same lines.What about buying knives from say a carboot sale are they allowed to display them in the open and where do you stand about transporting them home.?Just curious anyone got any thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by dumbledore
                  depends what sort of knives really and what you buy/sell them for
                  Sorry i was't being clear i meant filleting knives or fishing knives not your everyday kitchen or combat bowie type knives.

Comment

Originally posted by bill dial View Post
                    Hi Skinny cheers for your comment but can i first point how the the hell was i supposed to get it back to my job and secondly the point of which your probably not a custom too is working a boat and sailing early hours in the morning is common practise where i come from diffrent if i was away anglerling for a couple hours leaving between 7-9 am in the morning point agreed.
                    But like i say early hours in morn and is correct wot you say daft oclock try to explain that to those stupid pen pushers in politics.

Im just trying to clarify wot your saying ??? tell me would it had been better walking around the streets on passage to my boat carrying a filleting knife coverd of course and then getting pulled by the old bill ??? am i missing the point here
                    for all the taxi driver and the "stupid pen pushers in politics"know you could have been on the way to the docks to stab /cut /maim/kill someone.
                    think a few of the lads have pointed out, how was the knife seen by taxi driver? and why was the police called ?.the point being it shouldnt have left the boat in the first place unless it was in a tackle box and returned in the same manner .

weather 5 am or 5 pm you were found in possession of a knife without good reason and were prosecuted accordingly. no confusion you were found guilty

Comment

Working...
                    X