Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry bri not shouting just making it big so that there is no mistake .and every body can see it. we clubs have to look after the pier but it is spoilt by anglers who do not give a f*** about rules and regulations. so it was to stop members jumping the gun and running to the pier to get on as this will cause loads of problems. as for club membership longbenton club fish matches but no member is held to set times you can turn up half way through the match if you like or you can fish for a hour and then go home. fishing is to be enjoyed and not a hardship so we take it nice and easy

Comment

lol get ya plugs in billy
      just spoke to the estate manager Mr Darling over the phone and cleared up any misunderstandings also a 2nd mail from mike Nicholson who has been following the topic and was worried about the watchman getting swamped with avid fishermen

tony if you could snap a padlock on this one please before jonny starts shouting for a petition
      cheers Bri

anglingnortheast.com

Comment

LOL ri all done and dusted..........
        end of post!
        "Some Times You Win, Some Time The Fish Wins, Thats Why It's Called Fishing, Not Catching"!
        Tight Lines,
        jonny mc

Comment

Would be nice if the members of the Port of Tyne Authority who have been following this thread kept on psting items which they think would be of interest to anglers. i.e. works going on in or around the river, places we should stay away from, events being held, no doubt there would be info we could pass on to them. Hopefully ll for the good of angling along the river.
          Alan

Comment

Sorry for being a bit thick but is this the pier at North Shields?

If it is then NESA has fished it thanks to longbenton SAC if I remember rightly back in 2002 when me and Paula had just started sea fishing, we all had a really great day out at met lots of the NESA regulars. Still have a photo from the end of the day when we all gathered together for the prize giving.

Wonderful time, miss the crack, shame about the 800 mile round trip to get there now

Stuart

PS My avatar was from a photo taken at the same time

[Edited on 16/11/2004 by Stuart]
            There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. I guess I'm the idiot.

Stuart

Comment

so that means if we formed a club and got insurance we could fish it .

Comment

On the earlier subject of being turfed off the pier ....It happened to us a couple of years back on a Sunday afternoon, the security guard was OK about it and just informed us of the regulations etc. Was a lad washed off one night a couple of years back and died of hypothermia after being rescued from what I can remember...Always sticks in my mind when the sea is up, keeps me from risking my neck .
                You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Yep, that\'s the one Stuart (although it\'s Tynemouth pier and not North Shields).

NESA bods were allowed to fish that comp because they were guests of the Longbenton and Seatonburn club (who just happened to have that day booked for a comp). I think it was Billy who had to check to see if \"guests\" were covered on the clubs insurance......may be wrong there.

Comment

\"so that means if we formed a club and got insurance we could fish it .\"

Gary, see my earlier post (in this thread) about being a \"registered\" club.

Comment

Yes longbenton and seatonburn coverd the insurance for the briony charity match and it is possible it can happen again for the lifeboat appeal , as stew says it was a great day out and we raised plenty of money for the appeal

Comment

The way in which some people have reacted to this post leads me to believe ive enquired as to how to steal the crown jewels, now unless the laws of this land have changed, I made a legitimate enquiry to the apropriate body and got a response which was incorrect, I could have left it at that and had hordes of anglers decend on tynemouth pier but I didn’t I queried it further and got an apology for the mistake and the correct information was passed on which I passed on in turn via this board, this post was in no way meant to be detrimental to the angling clubs who fish the pier or NESA .I enquired as an individual who used to fish from the pier many years ago and would have liked to have done so again as a member of the public and not as the member of a club,but as you see by the letter from the harbour master this is not permitted and rightly so,I still maintain I was within my rights to ask in the first place and believe I acted in a responsible manner throughout my dealing with the P.T.A

To the person or persons who sent the e-mail with no return address (id like to know how to do that) it was very nicely worded but I believe the correct spelling is illegitimate not illagitamat and as to what was suggested ill try but might hurt my back

This is my last post on this subject the correct information is there for all to read
                        cheers Bri

anglingnortheast.com

Comment

Bri.
                          ABSOLUTLEY right, m8.

You did nothing wrong in making such an enquiry.

Well done on approaching the PTA in the 1st instance and for then seeking clarification of what was said in their 1st response to your query.

Sad that some faceless morons seem to feel the need to hide behind annonimity. If you\'ve got something to say, don\'t be shy and send people annonymous e-mails, or are you gutless morons aswell.

Comment

Working...
                          X