seaham open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seaham open

Heard a rumour today that everyone that works for moonfleet who fished seaham open got a pier peg in there ticket ?? How does that work like can't just be coincidence

Seaham open

Rumours like this every year mate. Very rare the winner comes from the pier anyway. Any one know any results yet.

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me, the old steam on the envelope job
      ZZiplex m427, Hulk model
      Okuma trio Rex
      Aerlex 7000xsa
      Penn spinfisher 7500 lc

Comment

what a load of drivel
        AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Winning fish would of come from north pier today loads of fish

Comment

funny like

Comment

Seaham open

Seaham club is one of the best clubs around but competitions bring out the worst in anglers. Last year there were bags of fish found at noses point and the hall beach ready to be weighed in. I don't fish any competitions due to the amount of dishonesty that goes on.

Comment

Just a laugh though but I wonder what the odds were if every one who worked there got a pier peg from the allocated tickets I wonder what the odds are mathematically like. However I had a great time it was a lovely day I spent 3 hours watching a lovely young seal play in the sea. I mastered some casting and really improved. I cast 20 times in 6 hours, I had some practice cast before I put bait on, then I spent 5 hours feeding some crabs it was a lovely day out that wasn't at any point spoilt by the inconvenience of handling any of those horrible stinky fish....... Lol
                ZZiplex m427, Hulk model
                Okuma trio Rex
                Aerlex 7000xsa
                Penn spinfisher 7500 lc

Comment

Originally posted by lead chucker View Post
                  Just a laugh though but I wonder what the odds were if every one who worked there got a pier peg from the allocated tickets I wonder what the odds are mathematically like. However I had a great time it was a lovely day I spent 3 hours watching a lovely young seal play in the sea. I mastered some casting and really improved. I cast 20 times in 6 hours, I had some practice cast before I put bait on, then I spent 5 hours feeding some crabs it was a lovely day out that wasn't at any point spoilt by the inconvenience of handling any of those horrible stinky fish....... Lol
                  Aye well done partner haha

Comment

That's sad to here that people would cheat, how could you look in the mirror, tell your children or friends that you won, very low people lacking self esteem. Who ever won today deserved it, it was hard work blanking every cast.
                    ZZiplex m427, Hulk model
                    Okuma trio Rex
                    Aerlex 7000xsa
                    Penn spinfisher 7500 lc

Comment

Just had a phone call regarding this drivel, I work at moonfleet and YES I had a PIER PEG, coincidental ? NOT LIKELY.
                      The tickets were brought to the shop by seaham club committee member John Lovett, he placed the tickets on the counter, we had customers in,including a young 14 year old boy, I asked the 14 year old to pull me an envelope out of the pile and to open it for me and tell me if there was any writing on the ticket inside. "North pier" he replied.
                      So no cheating as has been implied on this thread, we also split the 50 tickets, 25 for each shop.
                      Its rumours of $hite like this that give people like myself a bad name.

Just as a side remark, have you never heard of people pulling pier pegs and not wanting to fish the piers, so they sell or swap their tickets, which is fairly legitimate in the eyes of the club, I know first hand of at least 6 people waiting at the clubhouse this morning for the chance of a pier peg ticket, 3 of these people actually managed to swap tickets.
                      So next time anyone wants to cast rumours like this, please stop and think about what you are saying, think of the implications, and think if there could actually be a logical answer, Andy ( lead chucker) were you and peter not at the club house waiting to see if yous could get pier pegs ?
                      By the way, I blanked as well ;-)
                      Last edited by jimmy; 25-10-2015, 08:20 PM.
                      FIND THE ROCKS AND KELP AND YOU WILL FIND ME

http://www.freewebs.com/jc-tiling-services/

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy View Post
                        Just had a phone call regarding this drivel, I work at moonfleet and YES I had a PIER PEG, coincidental ? NOT LIKELY.
                        The tickets were brought to the shop by seaham club committee member John Lovett, he placed the tickets on the counter, we had customers in,including a young 14 year old boy, I asked the 14 year old to pull me an envelope out of the pile and to open it for me and tell me if there was any writing on the ticket inside. "North pier" he replied.
                        So no cheating as has been implied on this thread, we also split the 50 tickets, 25 for each shop.
                        Its rumours of $hite like this that give people like myself a bad name.

Just as a side remark, have you never heard of people pulling pier pegs and not wanting to fish the piers, so they sell or swap their tickets, which is fairly legitimate in the eyes of the club, I know first hand of at least 6 people waiting at the clubhouse this morning for the chance of a pier peg ticket, 3 of these people actually managed to swap tickets.
                        So next time anyone wants to cast rumours like this, please stop and think about what you are saying, think of the implications, and think if there could actually be a logical answer, Andy ( lead chucker) were you and peter not at the club house waiting to see if yous could get pier pegs ?
                        By the way, I blanked as well ;-)
                        Who else had a pier ticket from moonfleet? Leadchucker didn't go to the club,

Comment

Sorry mate I'm not called Andy nor would I exchange a ticket, I got what I got and went with it, I hate piers anyway I can't cast straight enough
                          ZZiplex m427, Hulk model
                          Okuma trio Rex
                          Aerlex 7000xsa
                          Penn spinfisher 7500 lc

Comment

Originally posted by fish2704 View Post
                            Seaham club is one of the best clubs around but competitions bring out the worst in anglers. Last year there were bags of fish found at noses point and the hall beach ready to be weighed in. I don't fish any competitions due to the amount of dishonesty that goes on.
                            Never heard that one like..and I'm from Seaham and in the club !!

Comment

If I have got the usernames wrong, then I apologise to lead chucker, I thought it was Andy.
                              The other member of staff was steven Walton, who actually works in the byker shop not the felling shop. wolud like to know where this rumour has came from. To be honest with you, its is very very rare that I catch fish these days, and I would rather be known as a blanker than a cheater.
                              FIND THE ROCKS AND KELP AND YOU WILL FIND ME

http://www.freewebs.com/jc-tiling-services/

Comment

Working...
                              X