Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A sad story :( Could do with some suggestions also.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have decided I am just going to leave it, the reel is ok (not 30 quids worth ok but not bad) as I don't live local to ID and all the trips there are costing me about the same in petrol as it did for the rod hehe

I do suspect ID will try and be helpful even though I have not got my receipt and the guy I spoke to claims I was using a sinker that was too heavy but I honestly cant be arsed going all the way there for the sake of about 15 quid because the reels must be worth 15 to 20 quid I reckon.

Maybe next time I am in I will have a word with them about it.

I have a Go Outdoors within spitting distance of my house so I popped in earlier and picked up a Fladen Powerstick 10ft with a max weight rating of 7oz, will only ever use 3oz or 4oz at a push with this rod and it does feel better made than the Overload.

This rod was only 25 quid and hopefully it wont break when casting

I have done a little bit of checking and apparently Fladen are not too bad for their cheap stuff, not expecting superb performance as its only for a bit of maccy bashing and perhaps a bit of light river fishing if I don't want to use my 13ft Sonik.

Thanks for all the responses chaps but in the end I have decided to let ID off the hook (fishing puns yay)

Comment

Lets hope u have no problems with you sonik u bougt from id a few days earlier.....

ps, can I buy your tip ring lol

Comment

Originally posted by COD-O-MATIC View Post
        Lets hope u have no problems with you sonik u bougt from id a few days earlier.....

ps, can I buy your tip ring lol
        If the sonik snaps when I thump it with a 6oz weight I will certainly not let it lie, should be able to put as much power as I can into a cast with that ****er and be ok, but you never know, maybe I am just too strong lmao

You can have the tip ring m8 if my old man cant fix it, he is going to try and cut off the broken fibre glass, tape it up a bit and see if its going to work, just to throw in the boot and leave there type of thing, if not though you are welcome to it m8

Comment

Where in the section did it break.

Comment

My mate has a Fladen Powerstick & he reeled in a 17lb salmon with his last year in Alston (lucky swine, I caught nowt!), so no worries with a few mackerel!!

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Funkmeister_Smith View Post
              My mate has a Fladen Powerstick & he reeled in a 17lb salmon with his last year in Alston (lucky swine, I caught nowt!), so no worries with a few mackerel!!

Good luck!
              That's reassuring, thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X