Jbraid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jbraid

Just wanted to know if it would be OK to cast upto. 2_3oz weight on40lb diawaJ braid or be on the safe side and use mono shock leader . If so what b/s do you recommend cheers for any replies Bob

I fished today using 50lb asso braid and a 70 lb braid shocker, I lost the shocker and a lot of main line in rocks. I continued with no shocker casting 6 onz leads but not at full throttle. I often use 50lb braid straight through on the rocks to avoid baby wipes attaching to my line. Hope this helps, I wasn't around other people though lol
    ZZiplex m427, Hulk model
    Okuma trio Rex
    Aerlex 7000xsa
    Penn spinfisher 7500 lc

Comment

Don't know about braid but when using mono use 10lb minimum for every once, 5oz lead = 50lb shock leader.
      2-3oz on 40lb should be ok depends on your casting style

Comment

Braid shock leader

Look up some of the old posts on here about Braid snap offs, when using a mono shock leader.

i had a nightmare with it until some one on here put me right.

Use a braid leader...i have never had any bother since switching.
        Also look up the 'Alternate GT knot' works a treat...bugger to tie at first but easy once you crack it !

Mel...

Comment

stay away from mono leader on braid as you will experience crack offs as the braid leaves the spool quicker than the mono. i use 100lb braid leader in the heavy and 70lb braid leader on lighter braids casting 6oz leads
          have you got a cloth

Comment

Working...
          X