Sunday Sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Sun.

It's not meant to to be a help to Alan it's meant to be a help to North East clubs and anglers.
    It doesn't matter how much we complain the newspaper is not going to change it's mind, I know that from when they stopped my copy in the Chronicle, there were dozens of complaints but it made no difference.
    So the offer stands to any clubs or anglers.
    By the way we got the princely sum of twenty pounds a week, it cost us that for telephone calls.

Comment

We certainly need an outlet for sea angling info as Sam says I will do my best to give Sam as much info as I can to get info around as well as posting on NESA etc can,t believe Sunday Sun has gone remember it when it was a broad sheet when Dave Higgins was doing it, there was almost a whole page on sea angling and hardly any football unfortunately now the local papers are not run locally so all they think about is profit mind the readers they will loose will exceed what I was paid
      Alan

Comment

Maybe it’s because of social media or alike, but in my eyes Sea Angling is only growing.

In the 10 year I’ve been involved numbers seem to have shot up !

As I say, perhaps that’s only because you see everyone’s catch etc via Social Media nowadays and the numbers are actually decreasing.

It’s a huge shame to what is happening with the paper, don’t add up to me.

Thanks for the good reads over the Years Alan, and thanks for making a young lad very happy 5 year ago by putting me In there with my first (and only, lol) double from shore !

All the best mate.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        GET OUT THERE AND STICK A BAIT IN IT !!!

Comment

Yer, you gave me grandson a mention once, cheers Alan

Shame about paper.

Comment

Just found out about this Alan. Always looked forward to your reports...only buy it for the Rugby and fishing reports. A Sad loss. Your email with the Club results was always my first priority.

Comment

Alan, thank you for your articles in both the Sunday Sun and the Journal over the years. Like many Angler’s your articles were the only reason I bought these papers and today I bought my last ever Sunday Sun. (I stopped buying the journal when an email I sent to the sports editor about axing your column didn’t even warrant a reply).
              Thanks once again and take care.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Alexander View Post
                Alan, thank you for your articles in both the Sunday Sun and the Journal over the years. Like many Angler’s your articles were the only reason I bought these papers and today I bought my last ever Sunday Sun. (I stopped buying the journal when an email I sent to the sports editor about axing your column didn’t even warrant a reply).
                Thanks once again and take care.
                Ditto Ian mate,last Sunday Sun bought today, they probably wont miss my £1.70, but i'll miss Alans columns.

Comment

Sam they might not miss one £1·70 but they will miss the number that have said they are no longer getting the paper then there will be the other angling columns and other sports who have had their columns chopped
                  Alan

Comment

sunday sun

Originally posted by Charlton View Post
                    Just been informed the last sea angling column will appear in the SS on Jan 6th
                    only used to buy the paper for the fishing report

Comment

Bloody disgrace and such a shame like the many others enjoyed your write ups all the best regards stan

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
                      Rodbuilding & rod repairs

Comment

Originally posted by fish fingers View Post
                        Bloody disgrace and such a shame like the many others enjoyed your write ups all the best regards stan

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
                        Cheers Stan
                        Alan

Comment

Working...
                        X