No announcement yet.

rough ground reel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abu 9000 C, you can tell it's a good fish when it drops down to the low gear. A little tuning work and they make good casting reels for 40 lb straight through

Comment

Abu 7500c / 7500c3 hs Good strong reel & on bearings so still cast o.k. only down side is the retrieve is a little slow.

Comment

Originally posted by hound hunter View Post
        Got to echo the other lads comment's,4 the cash can't beat a slosh,but if u want pure qlty/guts,the saltist's take some beating,got the bg30 n it's pure heaven to use,so smooth,cast's really well n sure does pull e'm in lolI know they r double the price but ever heard the saying,u get wot u pay 4
        You've summed up the saltist perfect there mate. Had mine out today on the rocks and it makes me 525 USA feel cheap. When I finally catch a big cod I hope I'm using it.
        All the gear, no idea.

Comment

In saying that the shimano torium is a good winch for its size & price ? However money no object I would personally go for a TRQ 100 ?????

Comment

Another vote for the saltist 30 used mine last week forgot how good a reel they are for the rough stuff.

Comment

Depends what your looking for. I have always used saltist 30s or slosh 30s on the rough goring but recently been using 20lb and a 80lb leader on my penn trqs. What I have noticed is it doesn't matter what reel you use aslong as you have a good rotton bottom clip. Always used a little upside down clip for mine until recently. Upside down clip was only releasing 8/10 times. I now use the gemini ones and they release every time last 30 casts I have lost 25 leads and only one full set.

Comment

Mk 1 afaw big beach.rebuilt no decals with bag and abu 7000 bg with level wing uesed cond.new drag washers and bearings two weeks ago

Comment

Working...
                X