The good old days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The good old days...

I was having a sift through my old fishing stuff today and found this from October 86....

Thats some fishing....
    Davy

thats more codling than ive had in the last year

Comment

You sure that wasn't Saturday's result?

Seriously though, that was some comp! I was living away at the time so wasn't around to fish it, but do wonder if we'll see results like that again. I think all the fish came from Blyth Beach - which certainly hasn't fished this winter!!

PS - I'd love to know who it was that didn't weigh in that match!
      ....fishin' accomplished......

Whitley Bay Angling Society
      on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/groups/whitleybayanglingsoc/

Comment

Shows you how long Chris has been top of his game, a class angler.
        To get away from dragons and catch monsters.

Pig Hunter

Comment

that is what you call a weigh in .....must of been bin loads of fish
          fishing is great catching is a bonus
          andy

Comment

What bait was the 23rd rod using to blank when everyone else is catching? Can you imagine his face at the weigh in pmsl
            To get away from dragons and catch monsters.

Pig Hunter

Comment

It was Blyth beach and they were very close in too. I don't think Blyth beach has fished well for the last three or four years now, I used to get some canny bags of fish from there.

Cheers for that Davy mate.

Jim.
              Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

it must have been a cracking nights fishing buts its everything i hate about match fishing the majority of the fish caught must have been just over the pound mark and i personally would have put the lot back.
                not having a go at chris stringer he is obviously one hell of a fisherman or anyone else for fishing matches just think the size limits need increasing or catch and release implemented

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by ray View Post
                  it must have been a cracking nights fishing buts its everything i hate about match fishing the majority of the fish caught must have been just over the pound mark and i personally would have put the lot back.
                  not having a go at chris stringer he is obviously one hell of a fisherman or anyone else for fishing matches just think the size limits need increasing or catch and release implemented

Ray
                  This was 1986 Ray, years before catch and release. To be honest, most clubs struggle to have catch and release events, especially north of the tyne, where its not a fixed venue.
                  Davy

Comment

Chris must have been using a net, can you imagine how hectic that session must have been...fish, bait, cast every 5 mins, bet he was knackered for days

Comment

He was getting them 3 a cast for most of the night
                      Davy

Comment

Originally posted by Davyred View Post
                        I was having a sift through my old fishing stuff today and found this from October 86....

Thats some fishing....
                        Those were the days davey long gone now tho still nice to read it long they may return but probs never.........

Originally posted by willywetegg View Post
                        It was Blyth beach and they were very close in too. I don't think Blyth beach has fished well for the last three or four years now, I used to get some canny bags of fish from there.

Cheers for that Davy mate.

Jim.
                        Your right there jim used to be one of my favourite places to just go and have a good session had some nice sessions on that beach over the years.

Comment

different times...but what a session that wouldv'e been

would love a size fish for starters at the minute...the last one I caught was a 6oz 28 cms Whitey in the river
                          Ooh a new vid!

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
                          I AGREE

Comment

have you got any more of them mate, surely they cant all cant be that good

Comment

Back in my keen youth, I used to cut out every Sunderland echo and Sunday sun column from 1982 up till 1988. I've go them all in a ring binder - its great reading at times.

What's interesting is the winter before (85/86), the codling fishing was poor although those caught were of a good size - a bit like this year?
                              Davy

Comment

Working...
                              X