No announcement yet.

Scotch Haddock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i caught one 3lb off tynemouth peir in the late 70s it was very dark colour compared the southern pouting , going back i havent seen one caught from the shore since the 80s jim

Comment

[ATTACH]4222[/ATTACH]

Comment

I find it odd you call them Scotch Haddock down your way, as up here in Scotchland I have only ever known them as Pouting
        2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

cos we're daft geordies

Comment

Scotch Haddock

Many anglers mistake bleggs or pouting or what we call them bloaters as scotch haddock and i would/nt eat them and yes you find that they do change colouring too.

Comment

Originally posted by peter.m View Post
              Biggest one I've caught was from Samphire Hoe in Kent. The biggest in the match was about 3lb I think and they give a bit of a fight on the way in.
              I had one 2lb 10oz that day Peter. Was told by the steward it was h/f of the day and specimen only to find out later there was one of 1 or 2oz heavier. Had 3 over 2lb that day 13 fish in all.
              Last edited by flatheed; 06-04-2012, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flatheed View Post
                I had one 2lb 10oz that day Peter. Was told by the steward it was h/f of the day and specimen only to find out later there was one of 1 or 2oz heavier. Had 3 over 2lb that day 13 fish in all.
                Aye, remember that day, there were a few got a bit of a soaking at the Folkestone end.

Comment

Originally posted by peter.m View Post
                  Aye, remember that day, there were a few got a bit of a soaking at the Folkestone end.
                  I was on peg 169 and it was coming over every now and again. I just used Greg Freight to shield me from the wind and spray. The amount of times I heard "Ow fa**in hell not again!" coming from my left was unreal.
                  Last edited by flatheed; 07-04-2012, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X