Junior
    T.leep £60 6oz

Heaviest Bag
    1st P.Milburn 4lb6oz £200
    2nd S.Preston 3lb9oz £160
    3rd T.Armstrong 2lb5oz £107
    Rod building.................

Comment

Yeah that was me that went arse about face! Rod was ok, i carry me stand on the bottom just incase i do try and kiss the beach! Yeah i think he was chinese/japanese or summick, really narks me when you see people drinking on the beach just a pet hate of mine, the better luck next time didnt work cos i blanked in me club match last night aswell!

Comment

Originally posted by jamiebrennan View Post
        Yeah that was me that went arse about face! Rod was ok, i carry me stand on the bottom just incase i do try and kiss the beach! Yeah i think he was chinese/japanese or summick, really narks me when you see people drinking on the beach just a pet hate of mine, the better luck next time didnt work cos i blanked in me club match last night aswell!
        Where did you fish last night mate? I fished the Hall from 2pm ish till around 7 ish - nothing in daylight but as soon as darkness fell, the whiting came on strong. Double-shots and canny fish too, all around the pound mark..

Comment

Well thats just my luck lately! I fished shields pier on the round end, wind was a bit strong to say the least, fished 6:30pm til 10ish and never had a touch, a couple of lads from the club fished 44 mark and got codling of 1lb9oz and a whiting. They were the only fish on there all night.

Comment

Penn 525, what part of the beach were you fishing on monday night? Cheers.

Comment

Penn 525, what part of the beach were you fishing on monday night? Cheers.
              As you come onto the prom from the road...turn left (towards the caves), set of steps in the middle...in front of there...
              Paul

Comment

Cheers paul, never really took a look at that beach at low water so not too sure of the ground there. It seems like a good place to get out of these gale force westerlies just to get a line in the water, whats the best state of tide to be fishing it on etc..? cheers

Comment

Cheers paul, never really took a look at that beach at low water so not too sure of the ground there. It seems like a good place to get out of these gale force westerlies just to get a line in the water, whats the best state of tide to be fishing it on etc..? cheers
                  There's quite a deepish gully there at high water, and it's generally clean ground too (if you do get snagged, it's usually on lost tackle...).
                  In the right conditions, you can get decent bags of codling on the flood and over high water - but - giving away me secrets now....fish it two hours down and over low water and first two of the flood....I've had some belting sessions over low water there, when everyone else has gone home! South easterlies tend to bring the biggest fish for some reason!
                  Fished there last year over low water, and a guy came down and was surprised I had fish, he decided to set up next to me 'for a go..!' He was gonna wait for the flood but decided to have a chuck....on his first cast he landed a cod of a tad under 17lbs!!! thats the biggest I've seen off there (I've had them to 9lb)...every low water in a south easterly, he'll be there, you can bet that!
                  ....all we need is a wind from the east, anything, just to put some movement and colour in the water...just looks like it aint gonna happen

Comment

I am confused here ( i know it doesnt take much)

Penn you got second pick of the prize table your weight was 1.7lb

there is a posting stating the top 5 names and weights the 5th place had 1lb 6.8oz which is less than your weight penn.

Am i missing something in possibly the way in which the prizes were awarded or have you been robbed of a placing Penn?
                    If people think you are an idiot, why speak and remove all doubt !

Comment

Terry,I think that The top places were for single fish weight,and the table was for bag weight,(Now Im Confused)

Comment

the prize table is for heviest bag

Comment

Originally posted by YoursTruly View Post
                          I am confused here ( i know it doesnt take much)

Penn you got second pick of the prize table your weight was 1.7lb

there is a posting stating the top 5 names and weights the 5th place had 1lb 6.8oz which is less than your weight penn.

Am i missing something in possibly the way in which the prizes were awarded or have you been robbed of a placing Penn?
                          Terry, the first five places were for heaviest single fish only....then it went onto total bag weights...BUT...when reading the brochure, it did state "one prize per angler...", and the first THREE heaviest fish were also HB's. - surely if someone has won the match with a single fish (and won £2000 by the way!), then surely thats them done...(IMO) not only did the first three receive £2000, £1000, and £500, they also took envelopes with £200, £150, and £100 (I think??)...now if it were pools that were paid out - not a problem! But there were no pools, it was just £9 all in, and a pound was taken out by the organisers for heaviest bag prizes!
                          Me and Bob Gasgoign (who beat me by a couple of oz's) were a bit baffled to say the least!!!

Comment

Theyre was a few disgruntled people after the main prizes were given out but i dont know what it was about, a few people did query why the lads that got rods were also allowed the stands that they were on, the organisers could have made these seperate prizes therefore making the prize table stretch a bit more.

Comment

Working...
                            X