X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nice fish mate..well done

Comment

Originally posted by My Alibi View Post
      Hi Jonny, apologies for the silence. It would have been Oli who was out fishing with his mates. I was in Donegal that day. It was the coldest, wettest place in Western Europe that day. It rained all day and was 15 degrees max! They've had a rubbish Spring/Summer in that tiny corner of Ireland. I'd been down in Co.Mayo the previous week and saw no rain all week. That said. it only rained that one day in Donegal. I had a rod with me, and the day before I fished a spot opposite Owey Island for pollock, using a float and mackerel strip. It was great fun. There were dozens of them up to about 6lb. I ran out of bait and switched to lures but only caugh a couple, and then the incoming tide pushed me off the rocks.

Bellini is back at last. She turned up the day I left for Ireland. There is still some finishing off to be done, but the boat is useable. I'm planning to get out at the weekend, maybe both days. She's still pretty grubby as I never had a chance over winter to clean/polish, but that's on the cards for this winter.

The lads had some very large coalies that day, largest we've ever had aboard, and a couple of codling to 3lb and loads of mackerel, which is really what that session was about. Oli says that none of the other boats at Amble have been reporting epic sessions. Maybe that will change this weekend......

Cheers
      Adrian

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20220718-WA0003.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	1591505

Name:	IMG-20220718-WA0001.jpg
Views:	727
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	1591506

Name:	IMG-20220718-WA0002.jpg
Views:	718
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	1591501

Name:	IMG-20220718-WA0000.jpg
Views:	713
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	1591503

Name:	IMG-20220718-WA0004.jpg
Views:	721
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	1591504
      Some nice fish there Adrian, bet they put up a good fight haven't done much fishing last couple of weeks, not interested in catching any more mackerel.
      PB Ling 14.5lb (AUG 2013 Stingray)

Comment

Originally posted by jonny_s View Post

Name:	schoolie(1).jpg
Views:	980
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	1591447Fished again this weekend up in Northumberland in a very flat sea which was full of weed and algae. Line and terminal tackle covered in a matter of minutes and made bait presentation difficult. Fished off the end of some rocks into a mixed bottom area using ragworm. First cast was on low tide and last cast was 3 hours up and I was being pushed back onto the beach when I caught my only fish. Another undersized Bass but still nice not to blank. They are really beautiful fish when alive and its great to see them power their way back out to sea when released.

Didn't try the piers for Mackerel this week but will toss some tinsel next weekend, they must be around by now??

Jonny
        Hi Jonny,

My son had the afternoon off work yesterday, and popped along to the coast to try his luck for bass. A hot, sunny, bright afternoon all go against the ethos of bass fishing, but he said there were a lot around. He landed a couple of decent fish which he measured at 60cm and 40 cm and a bonus seatrout, the bass coming on his homemade jelly lures, and the seatrout to a metal lure. He lost another 5-6 in the kelp.

He tells me that there are loads of herring in close, laying their eggs on the kelp, and it's driving the bass beserk. This week could be a very good week for bass fishing.

Comment

Typically just seen this post and spent the weekend giving fishing a miss Hoping to get back to the bass next weekend. A big well done to your son on having such a productive afternoon
          PB Ling 14.5lb (AUG 2013 Stingray)

Comment

Working...
          X