No announcement yet.

Walkway 12/2/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

had some canny days at the walkway through the summer geting some nice bags of codling from about 1lb-3lb plenty of them aswell, not down much for me this winter though might of had a coalie n thats about it lol think il leave that place till the crab are back in then give it a shot.

Comment

The main reason I don't like fishing there is that it's a small mark and if you get say ten rods out it becomes a nightmare. If yer in the middle of the mark and the tides going out then you've got to cast upriver and leave slack line just to consolidate your presentation. But you can't do that or it would mean casting across the guy next to you on the left who has chucked dead ahead (in a lot of cases in my experience) so you end up hoying straight out and getting swept to yer right, and then you've got the guys on yer right hoying upstream to their left and so on. If you were the only angler on the mark then, no prob.

Comment

been on the walkway tonight only a couple of small coalies and a small codling between 4 of us my mate did manage to hook a rock about a ft long though thought it was a good un when we seen something white come through the water

Comment

G.ordon

Originally posted by g.ordon View Post
          South Shields mate, just around the corner from the little haven hotel. Bait used today was crab and cast into the middle of the river or further. mate used rag at shorter range and got a canny few fish also. You can park right next to the place next to the boat yard. Good luck.
          THANKS FOR THE INFO

Comment

beats the blank mate tasty to

Comment

firstly ..well done mate but.... did u take your shiney rod stand and gleaming suit gordon !!!! ????

Comment

Originally posted by braddock View Post
                firstly ..well done mate but.... did u take your shiney rod stand and gleaming suit gordon !!!! ????
                Cheers mate. I've tried getting shot of it a few times but it just seems to return, I just cannit get rid of it. Bit of improvisation on saturday with the rest though, only used the rod holder bit at the end, that and a bit of elecy's tape to the railing and job was a goodin. You used to be able to do that on the pier until someone had the bright idea to cut the railings off.

Comment

Looks about a pound and a half I would say. You know how fisherman like to embellish. Sounds like you had a good day though.

Comment

Do you always have to put people down!

Comment

Well done gordon mate

Comment

Originally posted by g.ordon View Post
                        Fished the walkway today from 11:00 till 16:00. Would have gone on the pier but the gate was shut and me mate would have a bit difficulty climbing around. Virtually a fish a chuck small codling, canny coalies and this feller

Weighed in at about 3lb so having it for tea.

All in all a nice day, when we packed up at 4 it was starting to turn into chav city, sword fights with fishing rods etc. anyway left them with some canny bait.

I still hate the F*****g walkway though as a venue.Gordon
                        Agree 100% m8t....nice fish though !
                        John

Comment

Originally posted by braddock View Post
                          Do you always have to put people down!
                          Aye mate, he's always been the same, They should have never released the guy in my opinion.

Comment

nice one
                            Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
                            http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
                            http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Working...
                            X