No announcement yet.

cambois last night 3 bass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dont get wound up by comments of others on here bud well done on your catch .

Comment

Bass like any other sport fish do cause controversy over legal size limits, and keeping them.

You will have the people that think all bass should be returned, many of you are right, bass grow incredibly slowly. Gaining about a 1b a year. So a 10lber = 10 years old... Ish.

But if a fish is in size and the fisherman has caught it and wants to keep it why judge his actions? Just because you wouldn't doesn't make it right or wrong. Allot of these wonderful fish have been caught on our coast this year, people are worried that if they are being taken they will not increase in population...

But fact of the matter is no matter how slowly they grow we anglers taking 1 or 2 will not have a devastating effect on their populations.

Well done on your catch mate, Well Deserved and if you want to sample your rewards there is not a reason you shouldn't.
      Cod Mission: Cod over 5lb!

Success: 27/09/12

PB COD!!!: 9lb 13OZ!

Chance of Success?: Dismal, But possible!

Comment

Originally posted by billyturbot View Post
        should be ashamed,,,,,so called anglers,,,,,,
        its funny but wen was out on boat where you work on there was quite few people keeping well undersize whiting and you wernt complaining to them were you .as long as the paying customers were happy .

Comment

Originally posted by wheres the fish? View Post
          Bass like any other sport fish do cause controversy over legal size limits, and keeping them.

You will have the people that think all bass should be returned, many of you are right, bass grow incredibly slowly. Gaining about a 1b a year. So a 10lber = 10 years old... Ish.

But if a fish is in size and the fisherman has caught it and wants to keep it why judge his actions? Just because you wouldn't doesn't make it right or wrong. Allot of these wonderful fish have been caught on our coast this year, people are worried that if they are being taken they will not increase in population...

But fact of the matter is no matter how slowly they grow we anglers taking 1 or 2 will not have a devastating effect on their populations.

Well done on your catch mate, Well Deserved and if you want to sample your rewards there is not a reason you shouldn't.
          Well said mate, well said.
          South Shields & District SAC

Comment

Originally posted by gary-b View Post
            whats to be ashamed of ? i dont see why we should be
            nice enough fish and well done on your catch ,I thought the smaller one was dead ,point being they take so long to grow,it seems as there are more and more bass each year ,so if we put them back they should become more sustained in the north east

Comment

Originally posted by bill craggs View Post
              its funny but wen was out on boat where you work on there was quite few people keeping well undersize whiting and you wernt complaining to them were you .as long as the paying customers were happy .
              buy some new glasses mate,It was you trying to keep under size fish.And you only

Comment

Originally posted by wheres the fish? View Post

Just to add to this, a ten pound fish will be closer to twenty years old. Have a look here:

Size and age – Bass Anglers

One of the problems with Bass is they are quite territorial so they tend to return to the same areas year after year. Remove a load from one spot and it will take a long time for them to re populate it.

Comment

When i catch bass i return them, every single one of them. But thats just me. I know how slow they grow, and the 10 years did have 'ish' After it But cheers for that mate, i know that website, i was a member last year Considdering joining this year maybe try and get involved in the tagging of bass Fingers Crossed.

But like i said its not our decision to dictate whats right and what is wrong, this man went there fished caught 3 bass. Kept 2 put one back, if that was me they all would have went back. But this wasnt me and if he wants to keep his catch then he has every right to do so. He put the time in, he paid for the bait. He gets to taste his rewards. Yes i would try and encourage anyone if you catch these fish to release them, they are awesome fish, they give you such a deacent scrap especally on a 10ft spinning rod and a 28grm plug. They are classed as a sport fish, but they are also heavily prized for eating which is a downfall.
                  Cod Mission: Cod over 5lb!

Success: 27/09/12

PB COD!!!: 9lb 13OZ!

Chance of Success?: Dismal, But possible!

Comment

well done on the bass
                    as long as there sized then you should be entitle to keep them without the public having a moan
                    Dad!...I think im snagged.... oh wait its a fish on!

Comment

Originally posted by billyturbot View Post
                      nice enough fish and well done on your catch ,I thought the smaller one was dead ,point being they take so long to grow,it seems as there are more and more bass each year ,so if we put them back they should become more sustained in the north east
                      im not bothered what you or any1 thinks to be honest it wasnt dead like i said earlier it was released perfectly fine im not goin to argue with folk over if the fish was dead or not i know it wasnt lmao

Comment

Working...
                      X