65lb+ cod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 65lb+ cod

Norway of course...was in the daily star today, some lad sitting with it on his lap...it was bigger than him

Almost 6 stone it was!!!!
    ................__................................ .............................
    ____[ ~ \_____
    [__On-A-Roll__/
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    P.B
    SKATE 204lb
    COD 51lb
    LING 32lb
    TOPE 40lb
    CONGER 25lb
    HADDOCK 10lb
    HALIBUT 37lb
    COALIE 16lb
    BLUE SHARK 55lb

according to scottish daily record it was 80lb
    AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Cod almighty! Man catches 80lb whopper big enough to make 135 fish suppers - The Daily Record

Comment

80lb-whopper-big-enough-to-make-135-fish-suppers-

must of been small fish supers, I would reckon on 1lb of cod per super.
        Alan

Comment

That picture does not look right! His legs are as big as whole human. Fake!

Comment

imagine hooking that pig on the heugh !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlton View Post
              80lb-whopper-big-enough-to-make-135-fish-suppers-

must of been small fish supers, I would reckon on 1lb of cod per super.
              yeah around 60/70 suppers after the guts and head are took off

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
                That picture does not look right! His legs are as big as whole human. Fake!
                think it is just the perspective Daz, the legs are in front and will look bigger and the lad seems to be lying back, but why no name
                Alan

Comment

Originally posted by mako
                  did he return the fish,as i think he should as it has survived a long time and deserves to live ,lovely fish .
                  Think the same mako, fish like that in my opinion would deserve respect and i would return it, with a fork lift like but it is the decision of the angler and that's got to be respected too I think. It might not even survive being winched out of the depths though.

Comment

Fish that size don't go back that easy as the fight takes a lot out of them. Not my opinion i have witnessed it.

I would always try as hard and as long as i could to try and put a big fish back IF i ever catch one. They don't taste that nice either....give he a nice 3-4lber any day for me tea
                    Best shore caught fish:- Pollock 6lb+ Beadnell, 9lb 8oz Cod Blyth Beach

Comment

If I caught that it would be a case of mission accomplished and probz move on ta fluff chuckin cos lets face it ya not gonna better that monster.
                      Nothing makes a fish bigger than ALMOST being caught

Comment

Originally posted by mako
                        did he return the fish,as i think he should as it has survived a long time and deserves to live ,lovely fish .
                        Probably would myself mate but with a big tear in my eye cos the proper bigguns taste nasty lol. It would be a dilema tho ha ha . Ill never be that lucky ta catch one like that tho no mention of how long it took ta get it in like ..hr plus im thinkin
                        Last edited by kopite2k06; 31-10-2011, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by greggthe1 View Post
                          Fish that size don't go back that easy as the fight takes a lot out of them. Not my opinion i have witnessed it.

I would always try as hard and as long as i could to try and put a big fish back IF i ever catch one. They don't taste that nice either....give he a nice 3-4lber any day for me tea

Exactly my thoughts mate

Comment

Originally posted by kopite2k06 View Post
                            Probably would myself mate but with a big tear in my eye cos the proper bigguns taste nasty lol. It would be a dilema tho ha ha . Ill never be that lucky ta catch one like that tho no mention of how long it took ta get it in like ..hr plus im thinkin
                            Not sure about from the boat but i was lucky enough to witness 3 monster cod come in from the shore in Norway biggest 50lb, 49lb and 48lb there was also a small 45lber and they came in rather easy apart from a last big dash for freedom. The lads pulling them in did a great job tho....i would have hung them up lol
                            Best shore caught fish:- Pollock 6lb+ Beadnell, 9lb 8oz Cod Blyth Beach

Comment

Still must of been like pullin anchors up tho lucky gits

Comment

Working...
                              X