Early Morning Session 24/06/2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Morning Session 24/06/2012

Quick report before I get ready to go out for the match...Spent a few hours up Northumberland this morning setup a bait rod with lug and peeler and then on my other rod decided to see if there was any mackerel or anything kicking about and there was, lots of them, I must have caught a rogue shawl or something judging by the lack of mackerel everywhere else at the moment. the setup was a 60g spinner with 2 daylights above it, which worked an absolute treat. Kept a few to freeze for bait and the rest went back. Only got one plaice on the bait rod but didnt mind as the mackerel kept me busy!

Nice catch and photos. It's good to see a few mackeral about. Need to get my stocks up.

Comment

walkworth pier by any chance
      Rodbuilding & rod repairs

Comment

Originally posted by Eddieg View Post
        Quick report before I get ready to go out for the match...Spent a few hours up Northumberland this morning setup a bait rod with lug and peeler and then on my other rod decided to see if there was any mackerel or anything kicking about and there was, lots of them, I must have caught a rogue shawl or something judging by the lack of mackerel everywhere else at the moment. the setup was a 60g spinner with 2 daylights above it, which worked an absolute treat. Kept a few to freeze for bait and the rest went back. Only got one plaice on the bait rod but didnt mind as the mackerel kept me busy!

Well Eddie m8 you did/nt come back empty handed at least you have caught some winter bait there and the plaice was/nt bad either so well done m8.

Comment

canny early morning session for ya welldone
          Panel Pin Champ

Comment

Working...
          X