the groin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the groin

fished this morning from 4 till around 10 had some long thing whiteys, a decent coalie and a pound coddlin, then some wally in a boat snapped me of why do they need to come so close???

because some of them are so ignorant and have no respect for the shore anglers.

Comment

i am pleased its not just me then lol they would sharp complain if we cast towards them

Comment

I know this wont help but boats do have the right of way when leaving and entering the ports.I also know that some(not all !) boat users do go out of their way to catch shore anglers lines.Same as some chavvy anglers aim for the boats as they go past.Its the same as some drivers will deliberately drive thru a puddle to splash passers by.Probably the worst place for boats catching lines is Rat House Corner during the sailing season,and the rubber motor tender they have ...what a right royal pain in the A..e that is!

Comment

i understand they have right of way but when nothing is there move over and to be honest its frustrating nearly a full spool of sensor gone because it was all fraid and i got of light my rod would of wwent over if i had not been aware of it. they all go on about boat rules the angler was here before the boat and courtesy shud still apply

Comment

Thats a right bummer ,but like I said you were just unlucky that the boat owner was a bit of an idiot by sounds of it.Nowt you can do but put it down to experince.

Comment

i know mate just anoying new reel rig think it was because i had just baited up ro and it was early morning lol

Comment

Believe me I can see it from both angles as I used to be out daily when my dad had a boat about 20 years ago.He was a shore fisherman too and did all he could to avoid the lads lines as he came in and went out.But there were also times,mainly during the summer(so you can guess the type of person with a rod,cant call them anglers)that 6oz lead weight landed a couple of feet away from the boat.If one of them had hit their target it could have meant a fatal injury at worst or damage to the boat at the very least.if I see a boat which looks as if its hading for the line i make the decision to wind in to be on the safe side,or if the boat veers out of the way I always acknowledge the fact by a wave or a ''cheers mate''.

Comment

Where on the Groyne were u fishing mate ?? Did u find many snags? Used to be 1 of my Fav shots behind the Hotel but Dredger seemed to leave a rope there or summik. In front of little Bay, so ok a Big Flood tide I was snagging up on the retrieve...
                  GET OUT THERE AND STICK A BAIT IN IT !!!

Comment

i fish behind the hotel were the seat is there is a ledge that runs aong you need to get it up quick if your a short caster or reel fast if your right out 100 yards plus really

Comment

Working...
                    X