ultima F1 line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g-force View Post
    Everyone's got their favourites...and pet hates! F1 falls into the latter for me. I tried it in 15lb & 35lb in the titanium. I first put the 15lb on my 7HT mags when they first came out & went for a little session on Blyth beach. First cast, seemed to cast nicely, sat in the tide ok with a nice bend in the rod tip. After about five minutes tip sprang back in a classic slack-liner....however, I reeled in to find not a fish, but my rig, leader & about 50yds of mainline gone. Chucked out with the other reel & exactly the same thing happened again, so I packed in & went home.

When I tried the 35lb stuff up at Newbiggin one day, it took only the slightest brush up against a rock for the line to snap at that point when pulling from a snag. With a second reel on, I found that when snagged again, this time with no weak point in the line, that I had to walk back for miles pulling for a break - it was stretchy as hell!

So I binned the lot. Friends I know who do use the stuff, and seem to like it, are all using the black stuff - so maybe there's something to be said for using the different colour....but personally I wouldn't even use the stuff for rotten-bottoms .Only stuff I liked from Ultima was their Powerflex shock-leader.

Gary
    spot on Gary I hate the stuff
    invictus maneo

Comment

Nowt wrong with sensor , tough as bulls lugs imo. Ultima is utter turd though
      Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Comment

Originally posted by topbanana View Post
        Nowt wrong with sensor , tough as bulls lugs imo. Ultima is utter turd though
        f1's doing the job for me at the moment matey haha!!
        still love me sensor though does no wrong that line 100% agree on that one bud!

Comment

Originally posted by RL83 View Post
          just spooled the last of this line on the rest of my multies ultima F1 titanium! ive heard the black is a better line and i was dubious about the titanium but i cant fault it really just had it on one of my abu's to start with as im an old romantic and have used daiwa sensor for years but ive switched over to F1 now as it casts lovely and is nice and strong for a small diameter line! hopefully the F1 will get cheaper since ultima has went pop but its still a qaulity line for the price!
          any lads had good or bad experiances with F1??
          brittle big on dia totaly dislike the stuff.
          did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

The grey/silver titanium stuff is rubbish, the black is alittle bit better but still not great, i would much rather use ultima distance its a much better line and half the price, or daiwa sensor for the rough stuff.

Comment

i used f1 25lb over rough ground had no problems with it at all

Comment

Working...
              X