Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSA Bulletin Board

Hi Everyone
    I am new to this forum but have been active of the Whitby Sea Anglers Forum since I , by accident, discovered the RSA Strategy being discussed. The What I hear you ask The Recreational Sea Anglers Strategy. Yes it is one of the best kept secrets. Unless I am mistaken the only place I have seen it available in its complete form is the Whitby site.
    I am not going to influence the debate with my personal views so I suggest that you look at the document and form your own views. Suffice to say that if we don't take action there could be a decline in our Sport to the detriment of us all.
    Going back to the lack of awareness of the Strategy and the main purpose of this post. The North East Coast is, again if I am not mistaken, represented by four Forums: The North East Sea Anglers, The Cleveland Sea Anglers, The Whitby Sea Anglers Association and The Yorkshire and Lincolnshire Association of Sea Anglers. The Strategy document was circulated to some interested parties and comments were sought. You may have submitted some comments from this area direct. Whitby SAA and YaLASA with some of their local Clubs submitted their response which was collated By Nigel Proctor the Chairman of YalASA. This may be a thought for the future;- a single co-ordinated response.
    Again the Sea Angling press appears not to have given the Strategy the prominence that it warrants indeed some of the above forums have little evidence or it is fragmented into different threads. I think that you will agree that we need more co-ordination to provide a united voice.
    It is therefore suggested that each Forum has a single thread i.e. The RSA Bulletin Board that anyone who has an interest or comment can have a single reference. The thread should have a collator probably a site moderator who is prepared to act act as a communication link. It is far better that information from without can be passed to a member to post rather than some unknown face you have never met on the pier or shore, like me.
    I hopefully will be a member of all four forums by the end of this week and am prepared to act as the clearance centre for all communications both outward and inward.
    Once I have had a response hopefully from the volunteer collator and assuming the response is positive. We can start planning activities which I suggest should be at no cost. The purpose of this co-ordinated effort is not to upstage the NFSA and create a new organization but to enhance communications on a regional basis.
    One of the first actions would be the circulation of some hand bills to charter skippers and tackle shops to make the sea angling population aware of a source of information. The hand bills would involve a negligible cost of paper, printer ink and time hopefully sponsored by individuals or some interested party. local club, tackle shop etc.
    The next thing is you response lets have you views.
Working...
X