FAIRLY STIFF 14ft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAIRLY STIFF 14ft

Wanting the best 14ft casting rod , fairly stiff. What`s the best rod or the most popular rod for mixed ground that can send a 5oz lead into orbit....
    LOVE TO FISH, HATE TO BLANK. STAY AT HOME AND HAVE A BREAKFAST .....

A zziplex dymic LT14 can send a lead a very very long way in the right hands

Comment

Originally posted by endurothumpers View Post
      A zziplex dymic LT14 can send a lead a very very long way in the right hands
      So can a gun

Comment

Originally posted by beachbuddy View Post
        So can a gun
        But you'll not get locked up for firearms offences taking your zippy down the beach lol

Comment

Originally posted by cast1out View Post
          Wanting the best 14ft casting rod , fairly stiff. What`s the best rod or the most popular rod for mixed ground that can send a 5oz lead into orbit....
          every rod to each is own can do the job every 1 has their own opions not neccesary right for you

Comment

Probably the best casting rod would be an m427 std. They are powerful but don't bite. Probably better to learn to cast before trying to buy distance though. A rods a rod and at the higher end it's the caster that gets the distance not the rod!

Forget the 5oz sinkers too, try and get onto 150 - 175g range or even 200g for fishing.

Comment

Agree, one thing I found helpful was practice with a heavy lead, it gives you more time in the cast and also mimicks extra weight of a bait, if you practice with 5oz lead then use one with a bait it will feel strange, I found 200g a great weigjt to practice with, but use a 80lb leader for safety. Kompresser ss seem popular but I hate them, one mans passion is another's poison

Comment

Am sure there's more rods to choose from than zziplex, I think people just see them as a penis extension. My choice would be a ryobi masterblaster with some bamboo cane in the butt for a reducer.
                Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Comment

Originally posted by topbanana View Post
                  Am sure there's more rods to choose from than zziplex, I think people just see them as a penis extension. My choice would be a ryobi masterblaster with some bamboo cane in the butt for a reducer.
                  Sh!t does than mean I ain't got a 14ft cok then? 😩

Comment

I don't think it's the rod think it's the style of your cast to get both right takes time with the right gear that suits the places you fish and if you can compress the rod to its full percent of comprestion. I use a greys nitra 13ft 6 inches and I can cast over 200 yards with bate my reel is an 525 penn USA

Comment

200 yards with bait lol

Comment

Originally posted by garry36 View Post
                        200 yards with bait lol
                        Pmsl I was thinkin the same why brag about that? Since I have moved to braid I cast 745 yards with a big crab bait amazing stuff 🎣 got a halibut from boghal last week

Comment

Some folk dont even know how far 200 yards is I know top casters just hitting that with top end gear

Comment

200 yards with bait is a long long long long way, there is a few in northeast that can do it like, but millions who claim they can, no ones casting a greys nitra and 525 200 yards with bait like lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ivabigone View Post
                              I don't think it's the rod think it's the style of your cast to get both right takes time with the right gear that suits the places you fish and if you can compress the rod to its full percent of comprestion. I use a greys nitra 13ft 6 inches and I can cast over 200 yards with bate my reel is an 525 penn USA
                              I bet you can I bet you on -40 line anarl dream on Iva

Comment

Working...
                              X