FAIRLY STIFF 14ft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ivabigone View Post
    I don't think it's the rod think it's the style of your cast to get both right takes time with the right gear that suits the places you fish and if you can compress the rod to its full percent of comprestion. I use a greys nitra 13ft 6 inches and I can cast over 200 yards with bate my reel is an 525 penn USA
    Ha ha ha of course you can! Tell you what,why don't you give us all a demonstration?

Comment

It gets better,in one of your other posts your asking how to service reels and balance spools so u can manage 200 yards plus WITH bait and WITH reels that are either not running correctly or you don't know how to tune them yourself ?
      Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Comment

like his name another pinnoccio,world class caster top three, hahaha. davy.
        PB
        COD 21-15-0 Tynemouth pier R/M match
        COD 20-4-0 Sharpness, Tynemouth open
        Ballan Wrasse 5-6-0 Seahouses summer league
        Pollock 11-5-8 ST Abbs Spinning sandeel
        Dogfish 2-15-14 Tynemouth pier match R/M
        Coaly 3-5-8 Tynemouth pier match r/m
        Cod =, Coaly, Whiten, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Gurnard, Weaver, Rockling, Pouting, Wrasse, Mackerel, Sea scorpion, all of tynemouth pier

Comment

I use mainly an Original 13'10" CM-Crest paired up with a 525 tournamag for distance. I'm not a small lad & can swing a lead O.K. but I'd be hard pushed to get a big bait out anywhere near 200yds.

Comment

Two pro football pitches wow
            ZZiplex m427, Hulk model
            Okuma trio Rex
            Aerlex 7000xsa
            Penn spinfisher 7500 lc

Comment

People can kid themselves as much as possible but reality is a decent caster puts a bait 100/120 a good caster 140/160 a very good 160/180 and exceptional casters 200 plus

Comment

What comes before decent and be kind lol
                ZZiplex m427, Hulk model
                Okuma trio Rex
                Aerlex 7000xsa
                Penn spinfisher 7500 lc

Comment

Originally posted by Philthebag View Post
                  People can kid themselves as much as possible but reality is a decent caster puts a bait 100/120 a good caster 140/160 a very good 160/180 and exceptional casters 200 plus
                  Does the line still need to be attached to the lead and bait to count???

Comment

At a nesa cating comp a few years back, a few of the casters tried casting a bait (jelly worm)cant remember exacts for other casters, but i'm sure it knocked about 60yards off my distance with the 150g lead and that was casting with the wind and over grass lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cleft in Twain View Post
                      At a nesa cating comp a few years back, a few of the casters tried casting a bait (jelly worm)cant remember exacts for other casters, but i'm sure it knocked about 60yards off my distance with the 150g lead and that was casting with the wind and over grass lol
                      As much as I agree with you, jelly worms are not a real bait, I mean a real bait your going to fish for cod with not 2 lug or 1 black and a grip lead. People are clueless when it comes to distances, all these lads claiming there hitting 150 yards plus with a bait should get themselves on the field and see what there actually hitting I bet most wouldn't hit 100 yards. And another thing while I am on my soap box, distance is nothing more than a good tool to have it's not the most important, or the be all and end all. But if you can hit distance you can fish and cover a bigger area, more often then not it's only tidal marks distance pays off.

Comment

I have found bait makes a huge difference for me when casting. Hand on heart and I’m sure people on here can vouch for me…I can do 150+ on a good day with a 5oz no issues. With a 7oz, bait, in the dark I am chuffed with 80+
                        I don’t think I have seen with my own eyes anyone cast 200 with bait or anywhere near. But I have fished with plenty who have claimed their 75 yard cast is over 150.

Anyone noticed the increase lately in lads with screaming multis thinking the noise makes it go further?
                        I got asked if I was new to fishing the other week when fishing the dark on my quiet fixed spool by a lad on his screaming multi and dancing cast. He didn’t brag so much when the sun came up…

I do think distance makes a difference and it is essential for some popular marks from our coast
                        Best shore catch 2016 - 7.5lb cod, Seaton Carew!
                        CS RNLI representative – www.rnli.org

Comment

mackeral flappers go out good.
                          did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

Ah can put a masssssssooooooove crab, mussel and cart bait 200yrds with a carbostick and mitchell 602a with 30lb line nay bother me like.
                            Regards Nicky.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.

Comment

Lol some off you can talk the talk with all your sarcky comments any time you would like me to show you lol some numptys on here

Comment

Originally posted by Ivabigone View Post
                                Lol some off you can talk the talk with all your sarcky comments any time you would like me to show you lol some numptys on here
                                Was thinking the same thing reading your posts

Comment

Working...
                                X