Net Gain/MCZ Meeting Hull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Net Gain/MCZ Meeting Hull

Went along to the Kc Stadium in Hull to the Net Gain Large Meeting with Sam Harris.

On arrival we were issued with an information pack which contained a question and answer booklet. This attempted to answer questions which had been asked over the course of previous regional meetings and on-line.

There were about 120 people there from anyone who had avested interest in the MCZ's
    ie, Angling Trust, Environment Agencies, Commercial Fisheries etc,
    Net Gain's aim was to get idea's from everyone as to who should sit on the four regional committees (HUBs) that are to be set up to run MCZ's and the same with the Stake Holder Advisory Panel. This is the Committee that will have the overall say as to what go's and does'nt go regarding the MCZ's.
    It was all very interesting and I was pleased to be part of it all and have my say in what is happening to the future of my sport.
    If you or your club want to have a say in what is going to happen in the future of your sport, wether it be fishing or canoeing or jetsking or even bird watching, I would sugest you get along to one of the regional meetings and have your say or log onto www.netgainmcz.org.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Sam Harris For taking me along. Without his help I would have missed this meeting and a chance to have my say.
    Thanks Sam.
    As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible,
    but P*****g everyone off is a piece of cake.

This is the Committee that will have the overall say as to what go's and does'nt go regarding the MCZ's.

Unless I am misreading this statement it is incorrect, the JNCC and NE have the final say where MCZs go and what happens within them, very frighteneing to me.
    Alan

Comment

I could possibly be wrong Alan , but thats the way I understood it to be.
      There would be 4 hubs ( comittes) and 1 Stakeholder Comittee.
      Net Gain could'nt say where the MCZ's were going to be or how many.
      As I have grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible,
      but P*****g everyone off is a piece of cake.

Comment

you know my opinion on these meetings now Mike, nice conversing with you, just a PR stunt and Net Gain are only telling anglers what they have been told from the information given to them, a good way when certain parties don't want certain questions answered.
        Alan

Comment

Working...
        X