lobster potts near pier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lobster potts near pier

Im sick off losing gear and not being able to fish where i want off roker pier, because one little fishing boat wants to scrat for a few libsters or crabs. Thousands of anglers cant fish where they want through out the year cos some selfish bloke drops his potts 50 yards from the pier. They have the whole frigging sea. I used to put pots a mile out off whitburn cliff tops. Why cant they. There must be some law against it or something we could do. Any clues?

Its always the same...

Theres nowt you can do.

We have the same problem on shields pier mate. You'd think they would put there pots off the pier 100yds or so to at least concider other anglers
    South Shields & District SAC

Comment

lobster scrotes

I know there are laws in certain parts not allowing potts within certain distances from angling points. Im going to look into it. il check for sgeilds aswell

Comment

yin wee fashin boat

that wee fashin boat may have paid a lot o money tae drop his pots ye ken on tap o that moorin fees and harbour dues. then keepin the wee boat up to scratch ye ken an its nae cheap then theres fowks checkin yer no catchin ower much or too wee then theres the paperwork an aal ye ken theres theres the chance he maks his living this way, he canna just go out when the notion taks him as for us if we gan fashin and some bugger has beaten us tae the spot thats life
        AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Mark i personally would'nt put pots 50 yards from the pier , but i think you have to take what Lingking says as true. Also if you think about it the fishing spot you talk about is there first and foremost to protect the harbour, and the likes of the small fishing boat you talk about. Like i say i personally would'nt do it but maybe a little consideration for us boat owners. P.S. I'm also a beach and pier angler.

Comment

pots

I have a boat and i wouldnt put pots any where that effects other people. Ibalso have to make a living but i manage to do it without effecting everyones pleasure fishing. If one boats gains efects hundreds of peoples fishing they should shift there pots.

Comment

pier

Ofcourse its all irrelevent while the council. Have the gates shut indefinatly

Comment

pots

just out of curiosity mate do you make your living from the sea(pots
                AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Maybe the massive ocean going boats should be stopped from going between the piers in case they snag someones line. Dont want one boat spoiling 100's of anglers pleasure fishing do we..

Comment

must get a canny weigh in at the end of the year with all the leads and maybe the odd rod & reel
                    Rodbuilding & rod repairs

Comment

Working...
                    X