Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g.ordon View Post
    excuse me mate, did I say it was not a successful business

Me just thinking that the acquisition of 40 poxy crab ain't gonna put the fozen crab stocks of blyth in jeopardy, 2 new multis last year and get KB'd for 10 dead crustaceans, f***n h**l
    It didn't cos you only got 30 lol only joking Gordon .

Comment

Originally posted by endurothumpers View Post
      It didn't cos you only got 30 lol only joking Gordon .
      . Anyway, if he's using that business ethic, after getting my first elite off of him he should have KB'd me for the second one I got a couple of weeks later

Comment

Originally posted by g.ordon View Post
        . Anyway, if he's using that business ethic, after getting my first elite off of him he should have KB'd me for the second one I got a couple of weeks later
        This time of year tackle shops can probably get elite's easier than crab lol

Comment

ha ha a few years ago he would,ent give my mate 10% discount because he spent to much ha ha now thats why he,s still open . classic , jamcod

Comment

and it's that f***n chair of his

Comment

aye its been a chair a long time
              AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Originally posted by lingking View Post
                aye its been a chair a long time
                Yer, it is a sturdy chair(until it collapses under him like), but me thinks I should of still been given some preference. I'm not going back again anyways, until I run out of peeler like

Comment

Pity it shut.........a moved away 6mnth ago and was back in area a while back and seen it was shut!! Shame as a used to use it......nice lad and lass and bait was always spot on!

Comment

As little fishing as I've done the last couple of years, I was surprised when I realised that each time I've passed lately the shutters had been down, hadn't clicked that it had closed up at first. Always found Simon a canny guy, got both my slosh 20 & 30 from there and other gear, bait was always cracking. Shame to see the place closed down again.

Still remember from being a kid when it was Temples, buying packs of "scrap" ie broken worms to use to fish in the harbours over the summer holidays. Was another place a few streets away back in the 80's we sometimes went too - "Whitley Bait & Tackle", whatever happened to those guys?

Comment

Aye its a right shame it has closed. Dead handy for the local lads. Remember back in the 60s when the bait machine was outside the old Temples.

Which is the closest tackle shop for Whitley now ? Billys in North Shields ?

John
                      Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Value photography - Geordiepix

Mull of Galloway digs recommend http://www.clashwhannoncaravanpark.co.uk/

Comment

I m8 Billys is closest for the whitley lads but if just for b8 am sure near start of this post there is reference of a bait shop opening in whitley somewhere? ? Not sure where or when

Comment

Working...
                        X