WARNING !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WARNING !!

It\'s been brought to my attention that a \"joke\" of a racist nature was posted on the Board, recently.
    It appears that the \"joke\" has since been deleted by the person responsible for posing it.

I trust that NO further racist \"jokes\" or comments will be posted on NESA.

READ THE GROUNDRULES !!

Had I have seen the offending post before it was removed, then I would have removed BOTH the \"joke\" AND it\'s poster from NESA.

If you want to continue being a NESA member, then consider this post as a warning that racist comments WILL NOT be tolerated here.

Well said.

Comment

It has to be said.....

Part of the reason for my own failure to fully embrace the \'board has to do with my detecting slightly racist overtones. More than that I won\'t be drawn on. Suffice to say I received one or two messages off-board which made it quite clear that my apparently oriental persona wasn\'t entirely welcome...

Such is life unfortunately. Some of us learn to live with these things. We have to!

Being a white male Glaswegian, just on 6\' with cropped hair and a somewhat severe appearance it\'s all to common to witness open racism. People do after all jump to conclusions based on appearances...

It\'s just too common... That is until the cowardly vermin invloved learn more of me and my family....

I\'m heartened by the stance TC has taken here. I hope it helps.

Comment

LaoFuZhi,

What can I say?

It really p*sses me off to think that NESA members can behave in such a way and I can\'t apologise enough for the acts of mindless morons.

I always believed that NESA members offered nothing other than help, advice, friendliness and a respect of others. It seems I have been sadly mistaken in that belief.

I\'m sure that the vast majority of NESA members are as sickened as I am to hear about the messages you have recieved.

Let me make this CLEAR to those responsible.......

\"....... my apparently oriental persona wasn\'t entirely welcome...\"

If I find out just who was behind these, or any future messages, they will find that it is THEY who are NOT welcome on NESA and they will be banned from the Board.

As well as that, I will post the reason why that particular person was banned.

Comments like those I have made above, always bring out the \"what about freedom of speech?\" brigade.
        To those I say, F**K YOU! Be you long standing NESA members or relatively new, I will ban from the Board ANYBODY who makes racist comments or sends racist messages to other members.

NESA is (and always has been), a place for ALL to enjoy.
        I INTEND TO KEEP IT THAT WAY !

If ANYBODY has had to put up with racist comments from fellow NESA members either on the Board itself, or via messages / e-mails, please let me know.

You can contact me through the messaging system or e-mail me at...... blade_tc@hotmail.com

As you will probably have figured by now, I won\'t stand for any form of racism on NESA.

[Edited on 27/10/2003 by TC]

Comment

Well said Tony, I for one wouldn\'t shed any tears if these people were kicked off the board. I thought we were all a bit bigger than that !!
          If all about you are catching fish, cast in their swim !!!

Comment

Harry, I was so f**king ANGRY when I was drafting the above post, I had to re-draft it about half a dozen times. If I\'d posted the original one, I would\'ve had to send myself a warning about bad language on the Board.

Comment

have you heard the one about the englishman ,the irishman and the scotishman?

Comment

Hey what about the Welshman - you\'ve just discriminated against them.

On a more serious note, whilst there are ways to hide your identity when sending an Email (and I\'m not going to explain how to do it here), generally, the header of an Email will hold all of the information required to identify the sender. So if anyone gets an abusive Email they should get in touch with their ISP who will trace the offender and take the appropriate action.
                aka "Frodo Baggins"

Comment

LaoFuZhi
                  i hope you continue to post on here m8,you had some good threads/posts a while back..racism will not be tolarated in any sport.quote..Such is life unfortunately. Some of us learn to live with these things. We have to! ...........hopefully not on here from now on m8
                  Cheers Alan...

Comment

There are some real w***ers out there who gives a t**s what religion/race people are after all we are all just fishermen people who are racist shouldnt have any hobbies/sports

Comment

Working...
                    X