blimey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blimey

a whole election campaign has gone by and I\'ve been waiting to see if anything was posted, not sure whether its a good thing or not that nowt was.

having said that voting changes nowt anyway

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

not that i give a toss but who won ?

we had one of them van things round the other day with the loud speakers he had some interesting things to say it sort of went

\"pah pah pahpahpah pah pah pahpah waffle waffle whistle squeel pah pah pah pah\"

have to say i totaly agreed with him
    cheers Bri

anglingnortheast.com

Comment

LOL
      ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
      . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
      ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

I had no interest in it at all.to much spin and boll#cks for me,oposition parties just kept banging on about Iraq.yawn yawn,knocked my end in when they decided to ar#e up all the Schools in Northumberland,Why I asked ?
        Our kids go to two Excellent schools and receive excellent education,now the Labour run county council want to disrupt young childrens lives by moving them to different schools etc etc
        Cheers Alan...

Comment

Been a Labour voter all my voting life........until the last 2 elections and it was pretty clear that this \"New Labour\" wasn\'t the Labour Party I\'d previously supported.
          I wonder just how many of those, like me, were carried off with the euphoria of Labour finally returning to power after so many years of the Tories, only to feel so disillusioned and let down by those we\'d supported and voted for all our lives.

There was an interesting bit during the election coverage during the early hours thismorning.......it involved a quote from Thatcher.

She had (previously) been asked what she thought her greatest achievement was from her years as Prime Minister.....her answer.......\"New Labour...........the country now has effectively two Tory Parties........either way, one of them will always be in power.

Just about sums it up, really

Just gotta go & wash me hands now after typing the Th****er word !

[Edited on 6/5/2005 by TC]

Comment

What election was this then.........LOL
            http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j273/nerhs/p.jpg

Comment

Tony , you summed up my feelings exactly

Comment

She was some babe was that Maggie. Hey Tony don\'t tell me you wouldn\'t have given her one lmao.

Jim.
                Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

\"Babe\" ?......Aye I seen the film .......hahahaha

\"Give her one\"......if it\'s severe whacks around the heed your talking about Jim, I\'d have given her SEVERAL.......lol

Comment

here\'s some demcratic food for thought for you then, from the total number of votes that were actually cast, nationwide, more people actually voted for the tories than for the labour party. The boundary changes that they brought in have meant that they won more seats with less votes, thats all, and hence a return to power

Thought for the day:
                    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Comment

Totally baffles me...this business about how the total % share of the votes is NOT reflected in how The Commons is made up of MPs.

It\'s obvious that more people voted NOT to have New Labour returned to power than voted FOR them......so HOW can they claim that THEY are the peoples\' choice by \"fair\" election and still have a whacking great majority (albeit a bit less than last time)??........\"FAIR\"?........I don\'t think so.

Comment

easy done really. Find a seat where you have an enormous majority and spolit it into 2 seats, split the majority into 2, win 2 seats. find a marginal seat with a small majority, and change the boundaries so you can pull in voters from the seat next door - especially if the one next door is a \'safe seat\'

apply nationwide and bobs yer uncle

throw in a smattering of postal votes in seats where you know it\'ll work to your advantage

Thought for the day:

Comment

OOOh so synical lol.

Jim.

Comment

But annoyingly TRUE, Jim

And here\'s Britain forcing other countries to adopt \"fair and democratic elections\" with a \"fairly\" and \"democratically\" elected Government at the end of it.............just like ours, eh !!

I\'m not posting owt more on this topic..........lol..........or else I\'ll be in a grumpy mood for the rest of the weekend......hahahaha

Comment

I knw exactly what you mean Victor. I don\'t believe it either. Try not to think about it and have a cup of warm milk lol.

Jim.

Comment

Working...
                              X