problems viewing board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems viewing board

Any one else having problems viewing the site.

Normally I don\'t have to log in to view it as I can do so as a guest but for some reason today I have to log in every time, has anything changed?

Same for me Marc don\'t know why though mate.

Jim.
    Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

the same.
      cheers
      mark

Comment

Yup, me too, I had to go rummaging for my Password, have saved it now though....

Comment

Odd thing about it though it is still showing guests and members at the bottom of the page.

Jim.
          Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

Ermmmm......yep......my fault, I\'m afraid.

Well not \"fault\"......more of a regretable, but necessary decision.

I\'ve made the forums viewable only after log-in.

This is something I very much regret having had to do because (as you know) many of out members were former \"lurkers\" who regularly read the posts before taking the plunge and deciding to register as a member.

However, a certain Ex-member was still able to access the forums and whilst not being able to post his comments on the Board, was e-mailing some members on a regular basis regading what they had posted.

I know that this has caused a bit of concern to those who have recieved e-mails from him - those who have will know who I\'m talking about and the sort of \"comments\" he\'s been known to make. Many of those longer standing members who haven\'t received e-mails from him, will still know who I\'m talking about.

Hopefully, whilst this measure is regretable, it may not be too long before something is sorted out on the site so that there can be BOTH non-member accessible areas as well as areas only accessible via log-in.

In the meantime, apologies for the inconvenience of having to log-in every time you want to view the Board.

Comment

Understood , No problems from me.

Comment

Never had a problem signing in,hope this gets sorted though
                Cheers Alan...

Comment

not that I want to put a feline amongst the avines, but I can still view without logging in!
                  ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
                  Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Lol.....\"modern\" technology, eh?

Time we had a new, more up-to-date & secure Board, methinks

Hope to be looking at that in the not too distant future

Comment

The trouble is Tony the \"Remember me\" part of the User Login process is somewhat erratic for some it works for others it doesn\'t. It used to work for me but now it doesn\'t. So I just visit the forum, browse, but don\'t login unless I have something to say.

If users are having problems with one person sending them abusive emails then they should take steps through their ISP to report the person for abuse also they could but his email in their spam trap.

The problem we have now is that the \"5H1T\" who is causing the problem is winning, and, will probably be smiling from ear to ear with the bother he is causing.
                      aka "Frodo Baggins"

Comment

You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Sorry TC but I agree with Chris, this now puts board out of touch for me at times ....... it`s work policy not to log on to sites
                          ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                          . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                          ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

He does have a very good point TC ,I don\'t know how tricky it would be to bar someone\'s I.P. as a guest ,not easy I would imagine if not impossible.
                            You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

chris
                              is that ear to ear around his face or over his head
                              hahaha

sless

Comment

Working...
                              X