• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it time for a change?

http://www.newparty.co.uk/home.asp
    Rock Anglers Rule!
    http://ubb.kerrang.emap.centrecore.c...lins/horns.gif

Interesting, but having read their manifesto, I\'d have to say, same old (s)tory!

but whats the choice:

vote for Bliar, get lied to, shafted and sloppy seconds from bush

vote howard, get openly shafted and then kicked in the balls for good measure

vote for kennedy, get shafted, but probably get an apology for being shafted, before being shafted again

or vote for these new guys, get shafted, in a new and previously unthought of idiom

there all a bunch of b astards at the end of the day.

my manifesto to get rid of em is to set not a minimum wage for politicians but a maximum wage - based on the average earnings in their constituency. Might get rid of the vast majority with the snouts in the trough mentatlity.

I\'ll get off me soap box now and leave Ell to finish this thread off!! Over to you herr general
    ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
    Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

HERE HERE M\'LORD well put Mark
      I treat others as I expect to be treated myself and expect to be treated the same way!

Comment

Well put Mark . I would be happy just to get the labour party back , which was hijacked by these right wingers . By turning the labour party in to another conservative party the CHOICE has been taken away from us , even if you don\'t agree with \"Proper\" labour party veiws you have ( or had! ) the right to voice them if you wish .

As George Orwell said in Animal farm , in the end you could not tell the men from the pigs or the pigs from the men .

Over to you Ell :P

Comment

i like marks idea of a maximum wage for them i wonder how many would turn up if there wages were set at mininum let them b*****ds try living on £4.50 a hour after all its all they seem to think we need

[Edited on 30/12/2003 by TC]

Comment

Shagging computers still goosed, no time to spout forth lads.

Comment

Comment

There is one problem with capping MPs salaries at a low level as Mark has suggested. This would stop many able people from standing for parliament and result in a skewing of the representation of the public (not that the parliamentary system we have is particularly representative of the public\'s views, but that\'s another debate). Anyway, what would happen is financing of MPs from other interests as is very much the case with the Conservative party where many MPs are directors on the boards of many large UK companies. In this case their MP salary is just a nice little earner on the side.

Come to think of it, this might not be a bad idea. We might get a really hard line right wing government who will reinstate the death penalty for murder and public birching for litter louts (optional private birching but twice as many lashings). Compulsory archery practice on a Sunday (with exemptions for those going fishing). We could abolish May day bank holiday and have another one instead of it, I suggest a bank holiday to commemorate Margaret Thatchers birthday.

On the other hand, perhaps MPs should be paid for attendance at Westminster, clocking on and off at their offices and with a compulsory minimum hours in the House of Commons. Constituency surgery days would be abolished, lets face it, they are a waste of time as MPs don\'t listen to their constituents any way.

I know lets pick up where Guy Fawkes left off, lets blow them all up, start planning now and light the fuse on 5th November 2004.
                aka "Frodo Baggins"

Comment

Shagging computers yet still unable to spout forth - you should really see a doctor, I\'ve heard its a common problem for men of your age

Thought for the day:
                  Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Comment

.... I suggest a bank holiday to commemorate Margaret Thatchers birthday.
                    Kinky!

Thought for the day:

Comment

some might suggest a bank holiday to commemorate the other end of her line !!!

Comment

Working...
                      X