Where are you ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are you ?

I want to ask a question regarding casting events at both NE (Kirkletham) and NW (near Blackpool/Lancaster). Since the rework of the NESA site, the old casting board has gone and the regulars on that board aren\'t posting on here yet. Can anybody tell me where they are ?
    aka "Frodo Baggins"

hi chris,

there is nothing happening in the north east at the moment but the north west events are still going, next event is 12th october.

Comment

With the interest in sea angling/casting in the north east, I often wonder why there isn\'t a casting club up here? I\'d be willing to assist if someone with experience had the nouse to kick something off.
      PB Boat Ling 24lb
      PB Cod Boat 17lb
      PB Cod Shore 11lb
      PB Boat Pollack 9.5lb
      PB Mackies 1,000,000

Comment

we don,t have a safe venue

kirkleatham is too small now and we really need somewhere with no public access to prevent dog walkers, kids and the general public from walking across the court during the comp.

if anyone knows of a field about 500yds square with no public access or nearby buildings let me know and i,ll check it out.

Comment

Longranger,
          Thanks for the info, can you (or anybody else) tell me if non casting club persons are allowed to come and watch - I\'d like to see how the pro casters do things. And possibly participate - I\'d like to have a go just to get an official distance measurement, however short it is. Also what time things \"cast off\" and where is the venue.
          aka "Frodo Baggins"

Comment

Chris, The NWSA event dates can be found on the UKSF site (http://uksf.sea-angler.org/) although I think the two remaining Oct/Nov dates are yet to be confirmed. Newcomers and observers are always made welcome. Over here in the NE, there\'s usually a small group practising at Kirkleatham on Thursday evenings. Unfortunately, we\'ve just packed in for the winter, so there\'ll be no-one down there now until late March, but you\'ll be made very welcome and receive advice and some tuition.
            North East Surfcasting Association

Comment

chris
              its amazing watching the big hitters casting
              i watched the long ranger cast
              my jaw dropped
              my cast looked like a lob
              hahaha

sless

Comment

Peter
                I\'ve started making a couple of calls and will let you know if I turn anyone up.
                James
                PB Boat Ling 24lb
                PB Cod Boat 17lb
                PB Cod Shore 11lb
                PB Boat Pollack 9.5lb
                PB Mackies 1,000,000

Comment

Peter

I\'ve rang a lad I know at Sunderland City Council to do an investigation of land availability for us. I know there is some
                  potentially suitable land in Washington e.g. The Kite Festival venue
                  which is flat and has good transport connections.

Will get back when I hear something.
                  James
                  PB Boat Ling 24lb
                  PB Cod Boat 17lb
                  PB Cod Shore 11lb
                  PB Boat Pollack 9.5lb
                  PB Mackies 1,000,000

Comment

Its not big enough or safe enough James, I\'ve been and had a look a few months back, what we need is a farmers field.
                    Many a true word is said in jest!

Comment

Simon, It\'ll be long enough for me
                      Where else have you looked?
                      PB Boat Ling 24lb
                      PB Cod Boat 17lb
                      PB Cod Shore 11lb
                      PB Boat Pollack 9.5lb
                      PB Mackies 1,000,000

Comment

its not as easy as you think james

when you do get a field you have to find the owner and then persuade him or her to let a bunch of lunatics loose on it with fishing rods........try explaining that one

Comment

Simon/Peter

I never thought it would be easy, plus I\'ve never been to a casting comp, so what do I know?

However, I am trying to help because of the tuition both of you have given me. I may not be a good caster but I have a useful gob and may be able to wangle some opportunities for you lads to have a look at.

My question is, where have you discounted already so I don\'t go asking redundant questions? Am I not on the right lines Simon if
                          you have already checked a venue I have put forward as well?

James

[Edited on 27/9/2003 by Jimbob]

[Edited on 27/9/2003 by Jimbob]
                          PB Boat Ling 24lb
                          PB Cod Boat 17lb
                          PB Cod Shore 11lb
                          PB Boat Pollack 9.5lb
                          PB Mackies 1,000,000

Comment

James I\'ve been everywhere I could think of, I drove round one night for an hour and a half with no luck, I tried round penshaw whitemare pool area houghton, I have seen a field in durham but it has long grass in it most of the time, I was thinking about trying sunnyside area but I have lost heart a bit, its fishing time.

Comment

James I\'ve been everywhere I could think of, I drove round one night for an hour and a half with no luck, I tried round penshaw whitemare pool area houghton, I have seen a field in durham but it has long grass in it most of the time, I was thinking about trying sunnyside area but I have lost heart a bit, its fishing time.

Comment

Working...
                              X