my first pendelum cast to day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rome wasnt built in a day!

we got to start some where and i say well done mate, it took me 6months to master but some people they can pick up easy and some cant but with fishing your learning all time but its nice to know when winter comes and your on the beach it pays off ..

Comment

Had a shot at it today on a remote beach well up the coast. On the plus side I put it out fairly straight, got good distance and I think I must be getting the basics right as the rod felt like a tonne weight when turning to chuck out. On the down side I was shi*t**g myself when the lead went behind me and the reel made noises I've never heard it make before and every chuck ended up with a small nest at the end of the cast. It just seemed so fast and not enough time to react and concentrate on the final stages of the cast and contoling it whilst in flight. But I'll work on it as I could tell this method of chucking is deffo the business.

Comment

Originally posted by g.ordon View Post
        Had a shot at it today on a remote beach well up the coast. On the plus side I put it out fairly straight, got good distance and I think I must be getting the basics right as the rod felt like a tonne weight when turning to chuck out. On the down side I was shi*t**g myself when the lead went behind me and the reel made noises I've never heard it make before and every chuck ended up with a small nest at the end of the cast. It just seemed so fast and not enough time to react and concentrate on the final stages of the cast and contoling it whilst in flight. But I'll work on it as I could tell this method of chucking is deffo the business.
        keep at it mate i learned and iam glad i have ,you will soon pick it up and good look for next time

Comment

Cheers mate.
          Sinker, I thought you did OK for your first attempt. I had a problem following the weight in flight as everything was so fast (plus sun in the eye which didn't help), resulting in overruns at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by g.ordon View Post
            If the rods feeling like a ton weight your hitting it too early w....a....i.....t for the lead to get in position. As the lead climbs behind you and pivots round the tip to go wide turn SLOWLY let the rod do the work , if you hit it too early the rod becomes mega heavy and you will go over the top in a chopping action .
            Bob

NORTH EAST SURFCASTING ASSOCIATION

Comment

Originally posted by arc View Post
              If the rods feeling like a ton weight your hitting it too early w....a....i.....t for the lead to get in position. As the lead climbs behind you and pivots round the tip to go wide turn SLOWLY let the rod do the work , if you hit it too early the rod becomes mega heavy and you will go over the top in a chopping action .
              Thanks for that advice Bob, I think I understand what you say and will take it with me on my next remote practice sesh.
              Cheers
              Gordon

Comment

Working...
              X