PMR neptune conversion!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by harry barker View Post
    That's fine Russel....opinions are one thing..facts are another.

Machine the outside of the spool to stop it catching on the frame...FACT wrong.

Using a 10mm drill to bore out a hole to fit a fine tolerance bearing in when this should be reamed to a very close tolerance FACT wrong.
    Basic simple engineering practises not being used. FACT
    I could go on.
    fair enough harry mate but proof in the pudding and all that
    last thing i want is to get into arguments mate!

Comment

Originally posted by big phil 123 View Post
      he has made a bad reel my chrome rocket its noisey un castable and the centre mag damages the bearings and the run dry bearings are that noisy i had to put oil in to quiten them down i know ceramics scream but this screatches when i fill it with oil so i get more than ten yards before it snapps of looks great sitting on the table spinning for 6 weeks but cant use it however i will say his handles and star drags are good
      you have a pm phill!!

Comment

Sat and watched most of the vids, dont know anything about conversions etc
        but found them quite interesting, am getting a g-mag but looks like i will
        have to get the bearings changed, thanks russell mate.

Comment

Phil, i need a rocket cage if you want to sell your reel

Comment

Originally posted by stevie-r-@hotmail.co.uk View Post
            Sat and watched most of the vids, dont know anything about conversions etc
            but found them quite interesting, am getting a g-mag but looks like i will
            have to get the bearings changed, thanks russell mate.
            no bother steve cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by RL83 View Post
              no bother steve cheers!
              cheers mate its not a problem he can fix just thats what he does had a bit crack with him before he makes fast reels wich mine is no arguments there am sure he makes good money doing it there just well lets say not user freindly lol but fast def haha and as i say his paddle handles and star drags are mint if he done a mono mag throught the ratchet in my opinion would be alot better but others will disagree he seems a genuine bloke and seems to know what he is talking about and he does acyually sellhis reels as talking points and warns people there very fast and doesnt advertise them as a fishing reel

Comment

Originally posted by stevie-r-@hotmail.co.uk View Post
                Phil, i need a rocket cage if you want to sell your reel
                no non selling it like to sit spinning it lol

Comment

Originally posted by RL83 View Post
                  fair enough harry mate but proof in the pudding and all that
                  last thing i want is to get into arguments mate!
                  I'm not getting into arguments Russel either that never entered my head,what I'm trying to do is point out the engineering practices used are not correct and try and save you some money but.

That's a true saying Russel"proof of the pudding is in the eating" but also there's a saying.........."you cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear".
                  Best of luck.
                  H

Comment

Originally posted by harry barker View Post
                    I'm not getting into arguments Russel either that never entered my head,what I'm trying to do is point out the engineering practices used are not correct and try and save you some money but.

That's a true saying Russel"proof of the pudding is in the eating" but also there's a saying.........."you cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear".
                    Best of luck.
                    H
                    i get your point harry totally mate!!
                    lets just see wot happens haha!! it will be definatly intetesting
                    cheers harry mate!!
                    lets hope me sows ear does well!!
                    Last edited by RL83; 18-10-2012, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by big phil 123 View Post
                      cheers mate its not a problem he can fix just thats what he does had a bit crack with him before he makes fast reels wich mine is no arguments there am sure he makes good money doing it there just well lets say not user freindly lol but fast def haha and as i say his paddle handles and star drags are mint if he done a mono mag throught the ratchet in my opinion would be alot better but others will disagree he seems a genuine bloke and seems to know what he is talking about and he does acyually sellhis reels as talking points and warns people there very fast and doesnt advertise them as a fishing reel
                      thats champion mate glad you spoke to him phill

Comment

Mmmm, pictures or in this case video will do my talking for me Harry !!!

Shakespeare Neptune PMR bearing conversion part 2.mov - YouTube

Sorry Russel
                        I just could not resist

Comment

Originally posted by PimpMyReel View Post

Sorry Russel
                          I just could not resist
                          and you run this company?very unprofesional have you seen harry cast?think you should before you go around calling people muppets from 200 miles away

Comment

Originally posted by PimpMyReel View Post

Sorry Russel
                            I just could not resist
                            Plum...

Comment

Hi

What has casting got to do with this thread?, it’s about a cheap reel, having a bit of fun and unfortunately someone’s assumptions, which as I recall he got in my humble opinion totally wrong. At one point Harry Barker say' and I quote;
                              'After he butchered the side plate'

Well surprisingly I never did anything to it except undo the four screws that hold the badge on and put a brass insert into the hole that was already there. It was not altered in any other way.

The whole idea of this forum is that it does not matter where you are, it is about the members opinion......If I lived down the road from you why should it make any difrrence?

BUT when one of those members starts verbally attacking you on the forum, you have to wonder about that members integrity…… It is a reel shame! He could have simply asked why I did what I did to the reel..!

Kind Regards

Jamie

PMR

Comment

so as a company owner you think its big and clever to come on a forum and call people names? what advertising does that give of and he is voicing his opinion as you say your allowed to at anytime did he start name calling? no i defended your poor conversion to my 6500 by stating some good things about your parts if i knew you were such i arrogant pr##k i wouldnt have your bang out of order there mate

Comment

Working...
                                X