No announcement yet.

Which Reel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mate a think Rutherfords are doing a bit of a deal on Abu s at the moment, somebody was tellin me yesyerday
    When God made time he made loads of it.
    Diffrent strokes for diffrent folks

Comment

got a excellent Abu 5500 c3ct converted with 6500 mag sideplates, monomag and upgraded bearings also safety catch so reel doesnt engage when casting there for sale pm me if interested excellent casting reel

Comment

new reel

the akios.s are brilliant reels,,,the guy that set the company up worked for abu for thirty years,,,then started akios up,,,akios meaning new begginings in Japanese,,, theyre built that bit tougher than the other main reel company,,,and go like stink out the box,,but theres plenty of built in failsafe,,,,and custom spares,,,,all parts are interchangeable ,,no need for ceramic bearings in these things,,,unless your into field casting,,, tough all round reel the gearings powerfull to,,, I was about to get rid of my shimano 130 surf till I put this reel onto it,,,,they go together perfectly,,,

Comment

Originally posted by Stewart 1971 View Post
          Chukka's advice is spot on. I'd also add that I was a regular 200 metre (220 yard) caster wiht a vanilla 7HT Mag, .31mm line and a drop of yellow rocket fuel in the bearings. Mark Jakins had the prototype 656 CTM from Akios for testing and cast over 240 metres with an unmodified reel.

Best place to pick up a modified reel is at a casting day, there will almost always be someone there with reels for sale and if you ask nicely you may even get to try before you buy.
          or get one from me i have a few and dont need them all just lying about doing nothing.
          did you know panel pins comes in diff sizes ?

Comment

[QUOTE=CHUKKA;538570] smear the spindle with a tiny bit of thicker oil so that the bearings don't rotate or vibrate on the spindle.

can I ask chukka (im not having a go , just don't understand} which part of the spindle you would smear with thicker oil and surely this thicker oil would get inside the bearings and slow them down... just don't get it, ive never done this is this a common practise as never heard this one.... like I say im very interested in this.

Comment

when putting the spool on the spindle and moving it along the length as said it could penetrate into the bearing and if not the tolerances between i/d of bearing and shaft dia wouldnt allow any oil to go on bearing id and certainly none would get on the second bearing.

as a caster told me once before you can score the housing were the bearing sits or use nail varnish to make bearing stick inside spool but having done this myself i now have two bearings stuck inside a spool which i cant get out never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by john/r View Post
                when putting the spool on the spindle and moving it along the length as said it could penetrate into the bearing and if not the tolerances between i/d of bearing and shaft dia wouldnt allow any oil to go on bearing id and certainly none would get on the second bearing.

as a caster told me once before you can score the housing were the bearing sits or use nail varnish to make bearing stick inside spool but having done this myself i now have two bearings stuck inside a spool which i cant get out never mind.
                have you tried soaking the spool overnight in nail varnish remover ??

Comment

Originally posted by onefortheroad View Post
                  have you tried soaking the spool overnight in nail varnish remover ??
                  i hav,nt mate may try later thanks

Comment

Originally posted by RL83 View Post
                    SUPERB advice there chukka spot on that!
                    Bang on,very good advice chukka,defo go for the akios,great reels out the box anyways.
                    Me pal use's the tournamags,he swears by e'm,some will say the shuttle's but love the tourney's

Comment

Working...
                    X