No announcement yet.

Which fishing line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the one I just bought , it's actually power pro and comes labelled power pro .

That's the item number , just put it in eBay search.

Comment

Thanks for all of your help and advice I think I might try this braid
      A bad day's fishing is better than a good day at work

Comment

thats quick.

Originally posted by The Great Wallsendo View Post
        About 4 weeks
        mine took A MONTH.

Comment

Originally posted by regpude View Post
          mine took A MONTH.
          Just a thought but does anyone have to pay import duties with the braid coming into the country from China?

Comment

No, they don't bother with small stuff like that , even if they did it would only be a couple of quid at most on a tenners worth of gear .
            I've had quite a lot of stuff from china , hooks, braid, shads and other stuff I can't remember, but never had to pay any import duties, I bought an avet reel from the USA though and they clobbered me on that

Comment

On the wrecks braid is a must, but at anchor I personally find it too harsh when a fish is on, with no give in it.

just today I have got around to spooling my reel with 28lb SYLCAST, there's a one for the old school,...... off a mile spool .......that's been in my box for years bought from rutherfords.......thou may laff,

SYLCAST is a bit big on dia, but strong as hell and good on abrasion. Just right for the 60yd casts into heavy ground......

Paul

Comment

I use braid for wrecking and inshore drifting or at anchor, but I use 6-12lb 7ft light rod, which makes the braid a lot more forgiving, and can't imagine going back to mono.
                P.B. Cod 30lb-11ozs Balcary.

Comment

I took the plunge and bought some Chinese braid from ebay (although it states on the label "Made in USA").

Bought the braid on 12 Jan and it was delivered today. 11 days is not bad at all from China. I have just got to put it on the reels now.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Safetyman; 23-01-2014, 05:29 PM.

Comment

I asked the same question and was advised braid ... I ordered cheap from fleabay .... Best advice .....

Comment

I forgot to mention I paid £17 including postage which is good value for 1500yds
                      Last edited by Safetyman; 24-01-2014, 03:20 PM.

Comment

My inexperienced tuppence worth. I'm sure braid is fine on small boats but both Lynn and I tried it and on charters and with 12 people it is a nightmare, constant tangles and the braid is the one that gets cut by the skipper. After 1 trip we stripped it off the reels and back to mono. I know my catch rate is poor, but Lynn's isn't and we can feel the bites just fine.

Just my opinion.

PS Actually I am not inexperienced, I'm just crap!!
                        Last edited by kayos; 24-01-2014, 01:56 PM.
                        2016 - Cod, Dab, Dogfish, Gurnard, Ling, Mackerel, Saithe, Scorpian fish. .

Comment

Working...
                        X