Hooks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooks

I know it has been common place for years to use barbless hooks when coarse fishing (on some private waters it is mandatory) but I wanted to know does anyone use them in sea fishing?

My reason for asking is after about 20 years away from sea fishing (I was coarse fishing during this time) I have come back to the sport and very pleased to see that conservation and catch and release are now a high priority. In order to cause less damage to fish that are to be returned it is much easier to remove a barbless hook. It is also much quicker which means more time to watch for more bites.

Does anyone know where you can buy barbless sea hooks or is it better to flatten the barb with pliers?
    A bad day's fishing is better than a good day at work

don't think many sea anglers use barbless hooks m8, a lot of rivers and fishery rules state you must now use barbless hooks.
    I would think if its your wish to fish barbless then its up to you , you will still catch fish on a barbless hook as sea fish tend to take a good hold but if you will be able to land one is another question.
    I do a lot of trout fly fishing myself and the trout tend to be just lipped and one shake of the head and they are gone. then there are other ways of playing a fish to the net.
    but trout fishing / course fishing is nothing like sea fishing.
    anyway best of luck returning back to sea fishing
    consett warlord retired

Comment

All my fresh water fishing is done with Barbed hooks and so is my sea fishing

the Venues I fish the fish caught are rarely caught and sometimes its as if they have never been hooked, mind you I don't fish on man made puddles which are over stocked with vermin fish, and especially made so that anyone can catch a bag full

Sean
      The beautifull South

Comment

Working...
      X