• my little fishing boat a converted 501 microplus explorer

S4300274_zps43266e33.jpg photo by steviep1958 | Photobucket

S4300261_zps43b30bd8.jpg photo by steviep1958 | Photobucket

Comment

• my little fishing boat a converted 501 microplus explorer

Comment

• Welcome to the forum Stevie .....nice boat, where do you launch from..

Comment

• thanks jester

hi jester im enjoying your forum mate im a durham lad originally (bowburn) and i go from redcar normally but ive a view to go tynemouth and shields next year ,while were talking where can i advertise for a used outboard i have another boat project im doing at the moment and need a forty hp electric start if poss .....regards steve

Comment

• Originally posted by steviep View Post
                hi jester im enjoying your forum mate im a durham lad originally (bowburn) and i go from redcar normally but ive a view to go tynemouth and shields next year ,while were talking where can i advertise for a used outboard i have another boat project im doing at the moment and need a forty hp electric start if poss .....regards steve
                You cant advertise on here unless you have 40 posts or more, but the usual places are ebay, boats and outboards, etc on the net....try ringing sunderland marina and ask for Frankie, he works there and he usually has outboards for sale, good luck.....Chris....

Comment

• My New Boat "Northern Storm"

Well folks after doing up a little solar jiffy i thought id be out fishing last season but due to the poor weather that we had my plans were ruined!
                  the decision to sell and look for a more seaworthy boat didnt take long and thought the time to buy my 1st rib was upon me!!!
                  Im sure many lads will curse this decision but after being with rnli for a year and seeing what ribs can handle my mind was made up.
                  Already the boats name has changed to "Northern Storm" and a new console + extra jockey seat has been purchased to fit some time soon.
                  Hope to see you all out there this season.

Comment

• Cracking rib there mate, the Offshore are up among the best sea going ribs, my first boat was an Avon Searider...loved it.... Look forward to the reports....

Comment

• Yeah did quite a lot of research into various ribs then this cropped up on the doorstep! From what ive found out if correct Offshore components built the rib after they took over from we'll known company northern diver, offshore fizzled out from what I gather and osprey bought there moulds.
                      Spoke to lad when I was down in Poole last week who runs same engine on a 5.8 metre rib pushing 36knts so hoping I get flat calm day to hit over 40knts
                      Anyway on a important note I can't wait to be out on a boat I will feel totally at ease in and be fishing

Comment

• Nice rib mate been considering selling my wilson flyer and getting myself one! Was thinking how safe they are compared to other boats and was really tempted, went out yesterday and put deposit on a 60hp johnson which I pick up this Sunday as the 30 wasn't getting me on the plane, il see how it copes first before change my mind, whilst looking ive noticed u can get a lot of boat for your money in a rib, a lot easier to tow and launch aswell, hope to see u out on water in summer il keep an eye out for you

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramas View Post
                          Yeah did quite a lot of research into various ribs then this cropped up on the doorstep! From what ive found out if correct Offshore components built the rib after they took over from we'll known company northern diver, offshore fizzled out from what I gather and osprey bought there moulds.
                          Spoke to lad when I was down in Poole last week who runs same engine on a 5.8 metre rib pushing 36knts so hoping I get flat calm day to hit over 40knts
                          Anyway on a important note I can't wait to be out on a boat I will feel totally at ease in and be fishing
                          A 4.5m rib with a yam 90 should do mach 3 , get some goggles and hang on

Comment

• Done a couple of boat courses on ribs and they can't half cut thru a snotty sea at speed, supprised me.

Best of luck this season.

Comment

• Yeah just hope we get the weather but this boat will be great if it gets up

Comment

• New boat

Hi all, I'm new to sea fishing i have just bought Blue Fin (18ft Shetland with a 50hp Yamaha on the back) I'm just looking for some tips, areas to be careful, good fishing spots, launching etc. I will be launching from Amble.
                                Any advice would be much appreciated.

All the best Chris[IMG]IMG_2871[/IMG]
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X