Eleda 5 June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eleda 5 June

Last night I was looking through all the great catch reports on this website and felt I was letting the side down with my lack of pictures in my reports.
    I decided to do something about it and got the camera out , charged up the batteries and put it where I'd not forget it this morning.
    I don't need an alarm clock to get up for fishing , I just wake up naturally at the correct time to go
    2.30am was not the correct time so I went back to sleep and woke up again at 4.30...... much better.
    Got all my sh*t togther , had some breakfast made a flask and set off to Amble , now there should be a picturehere of the sign for Amble with a sunrise behind it
    Arrived at the marina about 5.00am and walking to the entrance gate I could hear the sound of the surf washing up on Warkworth beach I don't like that sound , it means two things , swells and an easterly yeuk!
    Undeterred and reassured by a fellow angler that it was just because the air was so still we could hear the swell I kitted up the boat and set off .
    Now there should be a picture of some boats moored up in the harbour and the piers as I'm heading out
    As I left the piers the sea seemed reasonably smooth , as I headed out through the south channel it didn't , the swells will only be this bad in the channel I told myself. Nah!...... they were there all the way to Northern hill , my first stop , a nice little codling of about 3lb on the first drop before the lead hit bottom soon took my mind off the swell
    A few more drops without success had me wondering what to do , I set off south looking for pastures new (insert picture of the Alcan chimneys )
    Further on still down to a wreck or two off Newbiggin and plot a couple of new wrecks for future sorties ....... still no sign of fish though
    I had a banker up my sleeve though , I knew a place guaranteed to produce a fish or two so headed off in that direction , sure enough when I got there , the sea bed was paved with fish ........ all kinds of fish....... I could see them on the finder , cod, ling, mackerel, pollock, pouting, coalfish , sandeels....... I could see them all ................. and ............. I caught them all (insert here a pic of a box overflowing with prime fish )
    As I drifted over these fish I watched my mackerel rig heading for the sea bed , I stopped it 20ft short of bottom , a huge ball of fish appeared on the sounder and I let the rig drop the last 20ft into them....... BANG...... whatever it was was BIG!....... after a hell of a fight with me pulling just that bit harder than them , they appeared below the boat , a string of 2lb coalies
    I did this again and again , I could have filled the boat with 2lb coalies , but I wanted cod , so I changed the rig for a pirk. I hate losing pirks , so I've modified mine by attaching the hook via a piece of 20lb mono , I don't lose them any more
    Down goes the pirk , it hits bottom and I lift it about 6ft and then let it go again , the line stays slack so I wind line in and lift it again , it's solid, then starts pulling back , a few minutes later a nice 6lb cod is in the box
    I do this again and again , sometimes the hook snags the bottom and I pull for a break , the line gives and I know the pirk is still there because of the weight , but I can feel fish taking it and not getting hooked up so I have to wind it up and replace the hook.
    After a good few cod in the 5-6lb range I hit something really big , it's taking line , time and again , eventually it nears the surface and I see it's not a cod but a pollock, all 7 and a half pound of it (insert here a pic of me holding a 7lb + pollock )
    I caught everything today , and never once used bait , I packed in when the fish were still taking like there was no tomorrow , because I was shattered .

I love fishing

I hate cameras and computers though , I got pictures of the sunrise (ish lol) and the piers and the Alcan chimneys and the fish in the box and the pollock ready to be filleted .......... not one of me holding it though cos I was alone and by the time I worked out how to put the self timer on and find somewhere to mount the camera in that swell ............ I got seasick and groundbaited the swim

Anyway , I had a great day and I thought I'd let you all know , sorry about the pics, I've tried , but it says upload failed....... I think they are too big pixels or something.

Happy Days

Ray
    P.S , If the prick who complained about my long posts being boring has got this far reading it............ it can't be that boring

nice report mate, and i had the exact same feelings as i headed out through the piers this morning, but well worth it.

Comment

awesome report mate dont think i need to see any pictures i had visions just reading your report cracking stuff
      Cod machine

Comment

Great report Ray, sounds like one of the days we dream of.
        Cheers, Keith.

Comment

Ray
          P.S , If the prick who complained about my long posts being boring has got this far reading it............ it can't be that boring [/QUOTE]

Ray saw the length of the post and only read the last line, can you send this prick an abreviated report please, full names and photos.
          Alan

Comment

I think they great fills in sometime when on nigthshift for a hour or 2 a post

Stuff it mate keep them posting
            ................__................................ .............................
            ____[ ~ \_____
            [__On-A-Roll__/
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
            P.B
            SKATE 204lb
            COD 51lb
            LING 32lb
            TOPE 40lb
            CONGER 25lb
            HADDOCK 10lb
            HALIBUT 37lb
            COALIE 16lb
            BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Originally posted by Charlton View Post
              Ray saw the length of the post and only read the last line
              i did the same, but after reading that i thought i must read the report

Comment

Great report Ray ,loads of information and to any boat angler it makes exciting reading so well done on the way it's written .

I wouldn't mind seeing a pic of that pollock mind you.
                You can take the lad out of Walker but .......

Comment

Haha excellent report Ray, and to be honest I think I did see your pictures in there somewhere ...... who needs pics with words like that .
                  Spot on day by the sound of it, well done mate.

norm
                  ]` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` )
                  . . ,,,,,,___[ ~ \___
                  ,,;;`` [_________/-,......... Norman......... http://slinkykate.com/

Comment

I agree with Norman what a great read mate the minds eye is enough with that write up cracking catch Ray mate
                    Ivan

Fishing is eternal optimism!!!

Comment

Is it here?

Ray
                      Attached Files

Comment

See you can do it lol

Beautiful specimen!!!
                        Ivan

Comment

Ha ha! success , why wouldn't it do that yesterday?
                          A couple more , I'll not bother with the Amble sign and the piers ..... and fortunately I was shouting for huey when i should have been taking a self portrait holding the pollock , so Norman dosn't get to see me in my aussie hat lol

Ray
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thats computers for you!

lovely box of fish Ray
                            Ivan

Comment

eelda

cracking report! wish i had the enthusiasm and flair to write like that. keep going and you will be challenging Norman for the title of "top reporter" dont take offence alan!!!
                              Last edited by lingking; 09-06-2010, 06:16 PM. Reason: bad spelling
                              AUDENTES FORTUNA JUVAT

Comment

Working...
                              X