Holiday catch report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday catch report

got a bit of time, been catching up on the e mails and snail mail, will get round to berts jokes some time.He has been busy. had a great three weeks only one day of rain and a couple of nights. Had some great fishing as well. First three nights Moorside North Yorks, cracking little site. Had a couple of nice carp best around 15lb. Moved onto Shardwell Marina, Derbyshire, lovely marina, lovely little village and cracking restraunt built over a canal. Site well never used the toilet/shower block, used the ones in the van, that says enough. Just getting to know the area a bit for the fishing when we had to move on. Limited room in the marina to fish, managed a few small pike, tried for some wild river carp, they are short and built like battleships and very cagey, not a sniff. Had heard there where a few zander in the marina. Upset the lads in the local tackle shop when i said i had caught four small ones spinning early one morning, panic stricken they where. Had one good take the six inch rubber perch i was using was bitten in half, prodably by a big pike. Mangaed to slam the tackle shop door on me finger on the way out and the end sort of exploded, could not feel anythinf for two days it was rock hard, third day i could have screemed it was aching that much. Nice and balck and blue now and nail will definately come off. Went onto Baeconsfield in Shrewsbury, five star site for seven nights, trout lake. small coasre lake, swimming pool. amd al a carte restaurant, had an excellent meal swordfish, veggies and raosted spuds, expensive but nice. Back to home cooking after that. Fishing quite a few trout, had a couple of big uns in but they escaped. Had one very frustrating day, every half dozen cats either a take or had a fish on, went on like that for four hours, never landed one, would have thought the law of averages would have let me land one Na chance. Moved onto Brompton on Swale, looked lovely on the brochure and what we where told when we booked. We lasted half and hour at most and left. Will be taking the matter further. Managed to get onto Mooreside where we started for the four nights. After a bit to eat went off to fish and calm down, not out long when i got my biggest ever mirro carp 15lb on floating crust under a tree, **** no camera. Never mind. Went for me dinner and came out again with the camera, started at the tree right in front of where we where staying, wallop straight into another one, got it on the bank 21lb mirror, wow missus took the pics, slightly blurred. Next three days carp after carp after carp four 18lb half a dozen 10-15lb and a good number of smaller ones. Also helped a scotch lad get his first carp one of 4lb, the next morning i had been getting a carp going with bread and i let him have a go 15lb, he was over the moon. Did not want to leave, luck had it my son did not want the van until the Saturday, booked another night. Up the next day almost straight into a fish around 9lb. Then the demons started, into a few fish which came off. stalked a few more but they just did not want to know. Went for me dinner and a sit down. Went off again rod, bread, landing net saw a carp playing around under a tree, give it a few bits of bread, took them no bother, looked a good one as well. Put the bait out this great big par of shoulders came out the water and was going straight for me bread, then a little one about 6lb grabbed the bloody bait. Thought well thats spooked that big un. Chucked some braed in and it came straight back and feeding bait in, a lad with a video camera came down just in time for this fish to take the bait and dash off, hook came straight out. Dam certainly spooked it now, went for a cuppa. Came back a bit down hearted only to hear it chomping away under this tree, dropped some braed and the bait in and it went around chomping like astarved pit bull, eventually it took the bait and went for the bottom. Expecting it to shoot of i got ready, the think leapt out the water over a low branch and snapped my 8lb line. Thought that was it, dropped a few bits of bread in while i re tackled up, chomp, chomp it had come back. Lt chance i thought dropped the niat in and this mouth with a great big head and shoulders following it appeared and swalloed the lot and off it went. Here\'s me a four piece light travel spinning rod and tiny fixed spool loaded with onlt 8lb line with a size 12 barbless hook, attached to a run away train. After half an hour of turning cajoling, easing and a few heart stopping moments as i thought it was raedy for the night only for it to go off on another run did i finally get it to the net, my best ever carp, a 25lb common carp. Will post photos whane i get them sorted. A great end to a great holiday, even though it did have its lows, but that fish made up for it, even if i could not carry on fishing or the next morning.

Alan

Excellent report Alan,sounds like you had a brilliant holiday apart from your finger accident
    Cheers Alan...

Comment

Here it is the beast and a knackered me

Alan

Comment

Excellent photo and fish mate
        Cheers Alan...

Comment

Well done alan, cracking fish
          "Some Times You Win, Some Time The Fish Wins, Thats Why It's Called Fishing, Not Catching"!
          Tight Lines,
          jonny mc

Comment

Nice one mate, cracking fish.

Jim.
            Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

that pic of the fish is in another post of around 2months back...hmmmmmmmm
              "Some Times You Win, Some Time The Fish Wins, Thats Why It's Called Fishing, Not Catching"!
              Tight Lines,
              jonny mc

Comment

I\'ve just checked Jonny.....and you\'re right;

See the \"Moorside North Yorkshire\" thread.

However........there is (possibly) a simple explanation and it\'s happened to me a couple of times.........

Before you upload a photo to the .cibs server, you have to give it a filename - for example, \"bigcarp\".

If, at a later date, you upload another photo and also give it the filename of \"bigcarp\", the 1st photo will be replaced by the new one.

When Alan uploaded the pic of the carp in this thread, he may have given the photo the same filename as that used in his previous thread.

The result would be that you\'d end up with the new photo in BOTH threads.

Comment

well spotted Jonny your prize is in the post
                  Cheers Alan...

Comment

What you sending him, Alan?
                    An I-Spy Carp book?.......lol

Comment

Your not wrong Jonny (of the yard ) mc - get yourself to cop school - who knows you might be good at it - your 6` and a total Tw*t ( only joking mind you Lol :P ) so you should get straight in no bother

And well Spotted young`n - get the Editor from the Sunday Sun involved - you might get a front page scoop - Hmm Journilist there you go ,that might do you aswell

Comment

got a copy of Sam Harris\'s \"Better Fishing\" if he wants it
                        Cheers Alan...

Comment

nah, jonny wwouldn\'t be allowed in - he hasn\'t got a moustache
                          ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ.

Thought for the day:
                          Some people are like slinkies - not really good for anything but bring a smile to your face when thrown down the stairs

Converting an MFV Fifie trawler type thing.

Comment

Lol........I\'m saying nowt more on that, Alan

Comment

Looks too old as well

Jonny that is

[Edited on 1/9/2005 by Charlie_Thompson]
                              "I mock thee not, though I by thee am mockéd.
                              Thou call'st me madman, but I call thee blockhead"

Comment

Working...
                              X