Lure Fishing Challenge 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lure Fishing Challenge 2012

I Know its a bit early in the year but after the relative success of last summer i thought i would put this up for 2012. All rules the same as last year.

For anyone who missed it last year have a look here

Anyone is welcome so give it ago and lets see if we can beet last years winner codcatcher300 with a very beatable 6 species.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Challenge
    Catch as many DIFFERENT types of sea fish on artificial lures as possible.

Start/End Date
    25th March - 28th October (British summer time)

The Boundaries
    The UK and Ireland by any means of access (shore, boat, kayak)

To enter simply post a picture, on this thread, of your first catch (try to include the lure) and every catch after that. You can fish as little or as often as you wish, and you can join at any point between the start and end date.

You can use any type of lure you wish, including but not restricted to;

Plugs and Poppers
    Spinners
    Shads & Jellies
    Feathers and Daylights
    Artificial Flies

Happy Hunting

Lure Challenge Table 2012
    Last edited by phill_itofish; 25-05-2012, 08:44 AM.
    Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
    http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
    http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

im in to defend the title lol, got some poppers already ordered to add to the fun ,
    Punch and pull then let rip

NESA Lure Fishing Challenge 2011 Winner

UK species : Cod, Whiting, Poor Cod, Whiting, Mackerel, Coalie, Pollack, Rockling, Bass, Plaice, Flounder, Dab, Grannylasher, Pouting, Launce, Weaver, Sandeel, Ballan wrasse. eelpout

Global species: jewfish/big eye croaker,catfish(Sagor/African/Silver), whip ray, snapper, grouper, pufferfish,threadfin, trevally,stingray, mangrove shark, flowerhorn,

2014 combo:
    Kompressor SS /slosh30
    tt sport /525 mag

Comment

I will give it a bash this year i think
      ................__................................ .............................
      ____[ ~ \_____
      [__On-A-Roll__/
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      P.B
      SKATE 204lb
      COD 51lb
      LING 32lb
      TOPE 40lb
      CONGER 25lb
      HADDOCK 10lb
      HALIBUT 37lb
      COALIE 16lb
      BLUE SHARK 55lb

Comment

Originally posted by codcatcher3000 View Post
        im in to defend the title lol, got some poppers already ordered to add to the fun ,
        Time for me and try and strip you of that title It doesn't seem likley but i will try
        Cod Mission: Cod over 5lb!

Success: 27/09/12

PB COD!!!: 9lb 13OZ!

Chance of Success?: Dismal, But possible!

Comment

Originally posted by codcatcher3000 View Post
          Gonna be my title this year, am gonna make sure of that, loaded with all types of lure, goin for the win!!!
          South Shields & District SAC

Comment

Me too! Got a box full of lures ready and waiting.

Comment

Your all in a dream world, its my this year lol. My main target this year is to get a Wrasse on a lure, im confident i'll get the same 5 species as last year and if i dont spend so much time chasing Bass i might take the time to target some of the "rock pool" species.

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Originally posted by phill_itofish View Post
                Your all in a dream world, its my this year lol. My main target this year is to get a Wrasse on a lure, im confident i'll get the same 5 species as last year and if i dont spend so much time chasing Bass i might take the time to target some of the "rock pool" species.
                Good idea.
                South Shields & District SAC

Comment

I may be able to help you with that, caught loads of them last year on lures using these little soft plastics and a 2oz weight

Comment

Originally posted by wheres the fish? View Post
                    I may be able to help you with that, caught loads of them last year on lures using these little soft plastics and a 2oz weight
                    how little? were you fishing them fast or slow, and how deep?

Popular lure Marks

Comment

were talking about 1-3" lures fishing tight to the bottom but not just anywhere, if youve ever been to the MOG you know those deep pools that cut into the rock marks that are cracking pollack marks? well cast from the back of these into open sea retreving into these pools, fish it tight with a steady retrieve just like you do for pollack, no jerks just a constant wind. At st abbs (lighthouse) cast to the right of the island infront and do the same, if your not losing gear on the bottom your nowhere near the fish < (General Rule).

I found ones that imitate mackerel the best, with reds, black with gold tails and purples also coming into their own.

Comment

were talking about 1-3" lures fishing tight to the bottom but not just anywhere, if youve ever been to the MOG you know those deep pools that cut into the rock marks that are cracking pollack marks? well cast from the back of these into open sea retreving into these pools, fish it tight with a steady retrieve just like you do for pollack, no jerks just a constant wind. At st abbs (lighthouse) cast to the right of the island infront and do the same, if your not losing gear on the bottom your nowhere near the fish < (General Rule).

I found ones that imitate mackerel the best, with reds, black with gold tails and purples also coming into their own.
                        Yeah i know a few marks for Wrasse, ive had plenty on baited floats and ledgers just ot managed on a Lure yet, ill be over the mull again i the summer i'll stock up on smaller jellies.

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Yeah i know a few marks for Wrasse, ive had plenty on baited floats and ledgers just ot managed on a Lure yet, ill be over the mull again i the summer i'll stock up on smaller jellies.
                          The bigger ones i found they just nip the tail and cant get the hook down, use like a 2/0 viking or aberdeen and have the hook near the tail, you should get them mate

Lemme know how you get on, oh and mate you can plug yeah? If you dont mind me asking could i come out with you sometime and can you teach me how to plug properly? I have had some success but not to any great extent. Would love to see what reel you use etc as every one ive tried just never seems right...

Comment

The bigger ones i found they just nip the tail and cant get the hook down, use like a 2/0 viking or aberdeen and have the hook near the tail, you should get them mate

Lemme know how you get on, oh and mate you can plug yeah? If you dont mind me asking could i come out with you sometime and can you teach me how to plug properly? I have had some success but not to any great extent. Would love to see what reel you use etc as every one ive tried just never seems right...
                            Yeah no problem, i have more luck with Surface Poppers than plugs (locally) but your more than welcome to tag along mate, i did get my first bass of last year at a cracking mark near whitby thats ideal for plugs

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Yeah no problem, i have more luck with Surface Poppers than plugs (locally) but your more than welcome to tag along mate, i did get my first bass of last year at a cracking mark near whitby thats ideal for plugs
                              By plugs i do mean surface ones do have a mixture of divers and plugs cheers mate means allot for you to do something like that and is that mark near whitby the one with the abseil rope? haha?

Comment

Working...
                              X