Lure Fishing Challenge 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wheres the fish? View Post
    is that mark near whitby the one with the abseil rope? haha?
    yup, its not half as bad as it looks though, you could manage without the rope but having it there gives you a but a security
    Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
    http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
    http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Originally posted by phill_itofish View Post
      yup, its not half as bad as it looks though, you could manage without the rope but having it there gives you a but a security
      It looks a lovely place to fish the bass you had was a beaut
      Cod Mission: Cod over 5lb!

Success: 27/09/12

PB COD!!!: 9lb 13OZ!

Chance of Success?: Dismal, But possible!

Comment

Throw my name down again for this lads, looking forward to this again though I must remember to take camera always. I too wouldn't mind tagging along if anyones spinning/lure fishing shields area if they don't mind, I only know the pier for spinning so would love a shot on the rock marks with someone who knows what there doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete from shields View Post
          Throw my name down again for this lads, looking forward to this again though I must remember to take camera always. I too wouldn't mind tagging along if anyones spinning/lure fishing shields area if they don't mind, I only know the pier for spinning so would love a shot on the rock marks with someone who knows what there doing.
          I used to fish the pier a lot with lures, but as you will well know its chocker in the summer, there's some canny lure fishing off trow rocks and frenchies if you have a drop net or your brave.

I might arrange a meet for one day for people to get together and exchange ideas and techniques.
          Happy to help, Keen to learn!

Fishing marks Seaham - Lynemouth
          http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...!467&encType=1

Fishing Marks Lynemouth - North
          http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.asp...!739&encType=1

Popular lure Marks

Comment

Nice one Phill that would be cool, yeah I always end up on the pier at daft O'clock to avoid foster can cavalry I do need to get onto the rock marks and try them. I had it in my diary for last summer and to target bass aswell but being a relative NOOB to fishing I dropped my ar$e and always ended up on the pier.

Comment

Nice one Phill that would be cool, yeah I always end up on the pier at daft O'clock to avoid foster can cavalry I do need to get onto the rock marks and try them. I had it in my diary for last summer and to target bass aswell but being a relative NOOB to fishing I dropped my ar$e and always ended up on the pier.
              Hello mate, if you fancy trying a rock mark for makky and pollack dunstanborough is a good place to start. I can go there with you in summer if you want. As i get the bus to craster and walk from there, if you dont mind a nice walk to the castle the makky and pollack fishing is cracking, its relitavley flat with deep water infront. Its even great for wrasse if you have the right bait. Know the area well, fished it for 4/5 years now useually catch the first bus and lure fish untill the makky bugger off, then switch to bait for the wrasse. You also pick up the odd codling, ling, and conger which is a nice bonus

Comment

I'll give this a bash as well
                just getting back into fishing, been out to get some braid this am

Anyone know what the rock marks around cresswell are like, bought a caravan up there last year and noticed a few people spinning ?fly fishing at sunset
                Species 2015 - Cod, Bass, Flounder, Dab, LS Sea Scorpion
                Species 2014 - Coalfish, Codling, Dab, Lobster, Weaver, LS Sea Scorpion, Flounder, Barracuda (Gran Canaria)
                Species 2013 - Flounder, Whiting, Codling, Coalfish, pollack, dab, eel, Mackeral, Launce, eel pout, blenny, LS Sea Scorpion, Butterfish, Thin Lipped Mullet, thick Lipped Mullet, Gilt Head Bream, Black Bream, Yet to be identified Mediterainian Wrasse, Bass

Comment

Cresswell Rocks... the only thing i can think is that they were fly fishing for a potential salmon or bass. As they take flies when the sun is setting But im unsure. Never really been spinning at cresswell its worth a bash maybe, but from what i understand its massive kelp beds but depth will play a majour factor to whats there...

Comment

Cresswell Rocks... the only thing i can think is that they were fly fishing for a potential salmon or bass. As they take flies when the sun is setting But im unsure. Never really been spinning at cresswell its worth a bash maybe, but from what i understand its massive kelp beds but depth will play a majour factor to whats there...
                    I think it might well be salmon, have the tweed caps/all the gear etc
                    when I used to fly fish for bass on the south wales coast used to use the cheapest gear you could get away with, amazing how quick fly gear rots in salt water

I've been checking out some of the rocks and there are some pretty deep gullies, hoping there will be a few pollack about and the odd bass.

I ve seen the guys out on Kayaks hitting the mackeral
                    Species 2015 - Cod, Bass, Flounder, Dab, LS Sea Scorpion
                    Species 2014 - Coalfish, Codling, Dab, Lobster, Weaver, LS Sea Scorpion, Flounder, Barracuda (Gran Canaria)
                    Species 2013 - Flounder, Whiting, Codling, Coalfish, pollack, dab, eel, Mackeral, Launce, eel pout, blenny, LS Sea Scorpion, Butterfish, Thin Lipped Mullet, thick Lipped Mullet, Gilt Head Bream, Black Bream, Yet to be identified Mediterainian Wrasse, Bass

Comment

Hello mate, if you fancy trying a rock mark for makky and pollack dunstanborough is a good place to start. I can go there with you in summer if you want. As i get the bus to craster and walk from there, if you dont mind a nice walk to the castle the makky and pollack fishing is cracking, its relitavley flat with deep water infront. Its even great for wrasse if you have the right bait. Know the area well, fished it for 4/5 years now useually catch the first bus and lure fish untill the makky bugger off, then switch to bait for the wrasse. You also pick up the odd codling, ling, and conger which is a nice bonus
                      Hi mate, that sounds awesome I would love to tag along sometime if you don't mind. I don't mind a good walk its what I normally do in the spring/summer to get onto the pier.

I have read a few reports from there but it never crossed my mind to bus it there, but aye mate I am defo up for that cheers.

Comment

Hi mate, that sounds awesome I would love to tag along sometime if you don't mind. I don't mind a good walk its what I normally do in the spring/summer to get onto the pier.

I have read a few reports from there but it never crossed my mind to bus it there, but aye mate I am defo up for that cheers.
                        If you dont mind me tagging along to pick up some tips i can pick you 2 up in the car to save messing about with the buses???
                        Davy
                        Tight lines
                        Davy

Comment

Originally posted by Blanked again View Post
                          If you dont mind me tagging along to pick up some tips i can pick you 2 up in the car to save messing about with the buses???
                          Davy
                          It would be fine by me mate, be great to have some spinning buddy's. I normally fish with my son but he's not so keen on spinning and is a mare if he blanks when I take him out for mackerel early off the pier.

Comment

It would be fine by me mate, be great to have some spinning buddy's. I normally fish with my son but he's not so keen on spinning and is a mare if he blanks when I take him out for mackerel early off the pier.
                            I will speak to Dean (where's the fish) when i get the chance to find out the best times mate. I'm also wanting a few trips over to the Mull of Galloway which i know Dean is keen on if you fancy that too. I've got the grandson out at the BA carpark over high water tomorrow but the lucky bugger never blanks, out fishes me most of the time.
                            Davy
                            Last edited by Blanked again; 06-01-2012, 09:14 PM. Reason: spelling
                            Tight lines
                            Davy

Comment

Davy that sounds class mate really does. Thank you would be more than happy to have some spinning buddies. But if there's a time you cant take us the bus is only 6 quid for a day ticket so that's there and back its a canny hike but the bus is usually a coach and the driver lets you put your gear underneath so its spot on

Comment

That's spot on lads I'm really looking forward to getting out spinning with yas, bring on them macky and pollock etc I have never caught a pollack or wrasse. Not sure about mull of galloway I would love to but I dunno what it would be is it camping out etc.

Thanks lads, hey between the 3 of us we should have codcatcher3000's title this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X