This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disabled Fishing Spots

i'm looking for as many fishing spots that the disabled will be abled to use. Mainly for people that can walk alittle but not far say 50 to 100 meters. I would like to make a list for personal use and to post on this site if needed.
    if anyone could help pm me or post here thanks
    Jaguar
    When All Else Fails Try D.i.L.L.i.G.a.F.

hi m8

st peters is a good spot m8

Comment

I moved this into here and stuck it mate, I think you will find it will get a bit more response.

Hendon prom is a good mark for disabled people. You can fish directly from your car.

Jim.
      Remember, some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Comment

Blyth pier you can get to the bottom of the pier by car if you display a disabled badge ..seen a guy on there friday night in a wheel chair though it may prove a little tricky when the piers full

Comment

eastend fish quay
          panns bank
          glass centre
          rat house corner

all easy accessable with some canny sport to be had.

Comment

Originally posted by fishfinder View Post
            Blyth pier you can get to the bottom of the pier by car if you display a disabled badge ..seen a guy on there friday night in a wheel chair though it may prove a little tricky when the piers full
            But there is a limit to the cars allowed in there,including disabled.
            I know as my wife has a blue badge and we were once not going to be allowed entry,but as it happened someone left as we were there.
            Of course when we got to the end we found crusty old sods sitting in there car reading the paper and eating sarnies,not getting out the car.
            THE PSYCHIC BIKER

Comment

sorry for posting in the wrong area but wasnt sure. Thanks for all the replys everyone Many thanks
              Jaguar
              When All Else Fails Try D.i.L.L.i.G.a.F.

Comment

Any of the harbours I'd think would be the obvious. Harbour at the Wansbeck seems to be chained off all the time now but it's not too far if you manage to park on the lane next to one of the houses.

Comment

The Walkway
                  North Shields Fish Quay
                  Seaham Pier (need to become a member)
                  You can get the car right down onto Seaham Hall beach although you're not meant to a disabled badge might help?
                  Beware - the car park next to The Ratty shuts at 10:00pm more than a few lads have been caught out but you can often get a parking spot near the Yacht Club
                  If someone's in a chair or got access to one I'm sure Roker Pier is accessible, couple of curbs to get up maybe.
                  "I mock thee not, though I by thee am mockéd.
                  Thou call'st me madman, but I call thee blockhead"

Comment

The Groyne - South Shields
                    Brigade Hut - South Shields Pier
                    Mill Dam - South Shields
                    Walkway - South Shields
                    South Shields Big Beach
                    Littlehaven beach - south shields
                    Golden lion - S/land (under the a19 flyover)
                    Business Park - Newcastle
                    Copthorne - Newcastle

Comment

Originally posted by fishfinder View Post
                      Excellent idea Jag
                      To the best of my knowledge you need a Pass from the Port of Blyth to park at the entrance to the pier as well as your normal Blue badge,i believe this is for security reasons,i asked a lad that was fishing one night who you had to contact as i was going to leave details on NESA however the lad could'nt remember the contact address,i'm almost certain the person that organised the pass lived at Whitley Bay or that area and was not a employee of the Port of Blyth.
                      I think alot of the time it depends who is manning the Gatehouse and rightly or wrongly sometimes turn a blind eye.
                      This pass may have been scrapped but may be worth looking into before planning a fishing trip and being turned away.
                      Cheers Alan...

Comment

In the past you simply swapped your blue badge for a pass at the gate house.
                        It may be different if you want something more then a casual pass though.
                        THE PSYCHIC BIKER

Comment

Amble pier.
                          Demons run when a good man goes to war...

Comment

Parton Beach H/pool,but there are a few,not many steps to negotiate.

Comment

i amble ok but watch for the pricks in boats,who seem to just go for your line
                              The boats and yacht coming in and out of amble do not have much of a choice but to come in or out on the right hand side of the river were we would fish as there is a sand bank virtually runs all the way from the marina to the pier end,more so in the middle where the ice house is,very little water there opposite side.

but the harbour is a good place for disabled as you are right next to your car in some pasts and a little walk to the new wooden part.
                              Last edited by Vamp; 22-10-2007, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X